Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Security Foam/Glue Gun!
Pretty simple idea really, hitting shots on people will apply a stacking slow on them until enough shots are hit and they are rooted in place and either are stuck for a duration or have to spam z out of it. A fast fire rate and spread much like the smg and maybe an alt fire that applies more than one stack on hit, OR perhaps even places down a foam wall tile that is like metal foam but maybe stronger
A security GLOO gun...
This seems like a cool idea, especially considering glue was all the rage for like a week then completely forgotten, so this might inspire people to try new glue antics. The “glue foam” ability seems a bit strong and also grief-y, though. Maybe it would be better as an antagonist item, since it would have to be filled with glue instead of charged. Also, maybe the emagged glue gun would spray the chem all over the floor as it travels, to spread that glorious, glorious glue.
While I get the inspiration.. I am against this since glue guns strengthen securities control meta.
People are crying foul already about stun meta and security being OP.

This however... it's litterly.. Glue, shock, done.

George has the best idea in my opinion.

Also maybe glue can have more practical uses in game so we have more reason to use it then "Funny glue"
For example... some glue could be used to fix damaged things "some how" and even use on space or ground to create a safe ground (if not sticky)
i made a post about something like this but for the CE's cool gun/toy after the RCD was gutted and nerfed into oblivion
This sounds like a rejected security R&D project that you might find in the debris zone or a debris crate. A project scrapped because of unreliable malfunctions or too much glue consumption. Give it a funny acronym name and it’s golden
I would realy not like to see another crowd control option given to sec. Glue has a much more immediate effect than tranq darts, and running away is one of the most effective options as traitor against sec. Giving sec s glue gun would een nerf this hard.

So no, i an really against this.
(09-27-2022, 10:25 PM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: I would realy not like to see another crowd control option given to sec. Glue has a much more immediate effect than tranq darts, and running away is one of the most effective options as traitor against sec. Giving sec s glue gun would een nerf this hard.

So no, i an really against this.

What if it was flipped as an antag item though? Combined with say a katana c saber or shotgun you could in theory get a pretty easy quick kill and a good way to help out run and out maneuver security.
Really cool idea, with a bit of tweaking, perhaps a relatively short range this could be a cool new addition in the tool box. Especially interesting to me is the foam, security ATM has a big issue with "locking down areas", whenever stuff happens and you need to make someone does not go to a specific place, all security has are shields which are easily broken and circumvented. This is useful for locking down areas temporarily, such as AI upload, crime scenes or breaches when you don't want anyone to come in and mess with stuff or cause more problems.
(09-28-2022, 02:45 AM)Glamurio Wrote: Really cool idea, with a bit of tweaking, perhaps a relatively short range this could be a cool new addition in the tool box. Especially interesting to me is the foam, security ATM has a big issue with "locking down areas", whenever stuff happens and you need to make someone does not go to a specific place, all security has are shields which are easily broken and circumvented. This is useful for locking down areas temporarily, such as AI upload, crime scenes or breaches when you don't want anyone to come in and mess with stuff or cause more problems.

I always thought it would be cool if the barriers didnt insta break when you walked into them
(09-28-2022, 05:24 PM)NanoDano Wrote:
(09-28-2022, 02:45 AM)Glamurio Wrote: Really cool idea, with a bit of tweaking, perhaps a relatively short range this could be a cool new addition in the tool box. Especially interesting to me is the foam, security ATM has a big issue with "locking down areas", whenever stuff happens and you need to make someone does not go to a specific place, all security has are shields which are easily broken and circumvented. This is useful for locking down areas temporarily, such as AI upload, crime scenes or breaches when you don't want anyone to come in and mess with stuff or cause more problems.

I always thought it would be cool if the barriers didnt insta break when you walked into them

The issue with buffing barriers means that you are inadvertently buffing Security Assistants (the horror).

After giving it some thought though, I don't think that's a bad idea. Barriers don't allow you to do much other than stand, so this could be a great way for antags to steal a barrier and lock down a location and actually get the chance to engage in RP without having to fear security shooting them down. They also can't cause havoc by just "standing in a place".
give crowd control kits glue foam grenades! >: )