Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
give lizards more customization options
been thinking about lizards having more customization like: a cobra hood, rattlesnake tail, bearded dragons spikes and stuff like that to give em more options since all they can do is just change their hair (wig) and scales color and i dream about make my lizards characters have more personality.
i know this is hard due to how the mutantrace code is but man i would love something like this  B-33
Okay can we also have this for Roaches?
They only have eye color and skin color.
maybe Cow folk too!
for what it's worth this sort of thing has been suggested several times before, and the devs have stated they would like to implement more customization options like this for mutraces. the main issue is the absolute State mutrace code is in
(09-26-2022, 02:21 PM)Kotlol Wrote: Okay can we also have this for Roaches?
They only have eye color and skin color.
maybe Cow folk too!

Dont forget the puggers
The main thing really is just getting visually distinct from hair sprites to mutantraces while still allowing a good bit of fun that hair allows. Making them visually distinct from hair can be tough, perhaps we could give lizards like a sort of slick sheen to this effect which might help I dunno. Lizards are the first in everyone's minds there.

Some suggestions I've seen are those sorts of frills that some lizards have like the frilled lizard, or those sorts of fin-like protrusions you'd see on a drawing of a Parasaurolophus. The problem is, that amount of options doesn't really compare to hair/wigs; and I can't recall anyone attempting to sprite such things and the look of it is the most important part so we can't really make any decisions without it.

I've famously always thought hair should be human only, even cyborgs wearing wigs is not my jam, (cyborgs should burn the wigs off after some time because they run too hot for hair). But I'm also FOR lizard mutantrace customization, I made the original functionality for multi-colored lizard appearances. Perhaps that's another avenue that can be explored in addition to additions, changing colour patterns for lizards and mix/matching them like how you can do with hair details and layering. I quite like that now that I think about it.
i actually did sprite lizard frills, but it was hinted at that someone else was already working on it so i havent done any further sprites. though im not opposed to reopening the project Mysterious happenings!
oh yeah if it becomes apparent that the niche for Lizard Frills And Spikes And Other Accessories is open I would absolutely lend some of my spriting ability towards that
(09-26-2022, 07:40 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: The main thing really is just getting visually distinct from hair sprites to mutantraces while still allowing a good bit of fun that hair allows. Making them visually distinct from hair can be tough, perhaps we could give lizards like a sort of slick sheen to this effect which might help I dunno. Lizards are the first in everyone's minds there.

Some suggestions I've seen are those sorts of frills that some lizards have like the frilled lizard, or those sorts of fin-like protrusions you'd see on a drawing of a Parasaurolophus. The problem is, that amount of options doesn't really compare to hair/wigs; and I can't recall anyone attempting to sprite such things and the look of it is the most important part so we can't really make any decisions without it.

I've famously always thought hair should be human only, even cyborgs wearing wigs is not my jam, (cyborgs should burn the wigs off after some time because they run too hot for hair). But I'm also FOR lizard mutantrace customization, I made the original functionality for multi-colored lizard appearances. Perhaps that's another avenue that can be explored in addition to additions, changing colour patterns for lizards and mix/matching them like how you can do with hair details and layering. I quite like that now that I think about it.

One of my characters being a lizard, I can't help but feel naked without hair. This seems like a very subjective issue, but personally I'm all for hair on lizards. Most lizards in RP wear wigs specifically because they can't have hair, which seems like a work-around to a system that's desired by most. Frills could be cool as an additional hair ornament, but I think normalizing it so that lizards can have hair without the bald trait is important.