Rue Libbe (RU 187 261 LIB) for mentor!
Usual Character Name: Rue Libbe
BYOND Username: RU 187 261 LIB
Times Available: Late nights east coast.

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum):

I am applying to be a mentor because I firmly believe that knowledge of SS13 should be shared as freely and widely as possible to create a better gameplay experience for everyone, especially new players or players trying to branch out in jobs. I am not a Solarium-solving Nerd Crew hotshot but I can do almost any job competently in both a criminal and non-criming fashion.

I’ve been playing off and on since Donut 1, where I was for a time a Primary Admin until I had an unfortunate meltdown and gibbed the entire server from IRC. Ever since that glimpse into the inner workings of the game I have been fascinated with the more complicated systems on the station and consider myself a competent telescientist and a DWAINE expert. The first time I set off that nuke charge with nothing more than a copy of FROG and an assistant’s ID was one of the greatest moments of my SS13 career until I topped it by making a copy of the thing and controlling it without even using nukeman. With more and more of the station tied into DWAINE, I do not understand the structure of every packet, but can absolutely help someone to do whatever they need to do with the station’s complicated computer system. Hopefully we will see Hemera-style remote APC control on the main station soon! I also love seeing just what kind of trouble I can get into as AI or a borg. Who needs hands to have (lawful) fun!

I play mostly on #2 because of the smaller population in general and the ability to experiment more freely, and I would love to be a mentor on this underserved server to help other people learn to do the fiddly, unbelievably nerdy things that make this game so amazing.

I admit that I was a pretty bad admin before and there are weaknesses in my game (I am a very bad engineer and know nothing of hellburns, and don’t have a great handle on how I think Sec should be played), but I want to use my knowledge for the good of the community and hope people will give me this opportunity!

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum):

I hope he can wiggle his little suction cup ears like a hippo can wiggle its ears. I hope I hope I hope.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will):

Currently banned from #2 for nuke shenanigans.
Jobbanned from Captain on one of the servers though I can't remember which or why since I don't play Captain ever anymore.
Jobbanned from Scientist when I started back playing in cogmap but I think this was a holdover from back when science was just the bomb department.
I was banned for a long time after I was deadminned back in the day.
He's pretty terrible, but he knows the game. And there's a lot of terrible mentors already, I don't see why not.
Yeah.
A pretty cool dude who knows his stuff. I'd say yes.
Yes.
Ok