Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
New +2 Trait: Make Health Analyzers Not Work on You
(09-29-2022, 04:16 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Diseases were put on disable cause pathology was turned off due to excessive grieving.
The cold outbreak was probably an admeme.

I'm aware they removed diseases because of grieving, I'm saying I want them back. It doesn't have to be world-ending shit, just basic stuff akin to the flu would be okay.
(09-29-2022, 02:50 PM)Glamurio Wrote:
(09-29-2022, 04:16 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Diseases were put on disable cause pathology was turned off due to excessive grieving.
The cold outbreak was probably an admeme.

I'm aware they removed diseases because of grieving, I'm saying I want them back. It doesn't have to be world-ending shit, just basic stuff akin to the flu would be okay.

I wouldn't mind a regular return of it without pathology with them being treatable though smile
Think of it like the Flu, Cold and other standard diseases with simple treatments that need to be quarantined.
Maybe some traitor items to inflict them
A “discount patho” while we hope for the day patho is re-added (in the year 2300 Common Era) that’s just a flu and cold with some easily available cures would be fun.
(09-28-2022, 06:01 PM)Kamades Wrote: As a longtime medbay nerd - I could see a trait, maybe, that makes it so YOU can't read medical scanners, for some reason, so that you *have* to work through it that way.

But if you make it so that you have this trait, it's going to result in people "expecting" a certain type of treatment, and being upset when you cannot\will not treat them in that manner. There was.. more than enough times of people complaning that you didn't have their prefered type of treatment ready with Puritan - I can't imagine this would lead to better outcomes.

To be honest, we need more often to tell people to suck it up when they get puritan-cloned or borged against their will. You either opt out and DNR, or you might see where the rollercoaster of SS13 might bring you.

The same way with this trait : either you opt out and don't take it, or you go on a wild ride whenever you land in medbay.

I am kinda tired of this expectation mentality of some people on RP that they are in control of their own narrative. That goes in all ways against the design of the game (see the meta-cliques where this expectation can lead to). Maybe we should bomb medbay on RP more often so people are happy that doctors are even avaible.
(10-01-2022, 03:39 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote:
(09-28-2022, 06:01 PM)Kamades Wrote: As a longtime medbay nerd - I could see a trait, maybe, that makes it so YOU can't read medical scanners, for some reason, so that you *have* to work through it that way.

But if you make it so that you have this trait, it's going to result in people "expecting" a certain type of treatment, and being upset when you cannot\will not treat them in that manner.  There was.. more than enough times of people complaning that you didn't have their prefered type of treatment ready with Puritan - I  can't imagine this would lead to better outcomes.

To be honest, we need more often to tell people to suck it up when they get puritan-cloned or borged against their will. You either opt out and DNR, or you might see where the rollercoaster of SS13 might bring you.

The same way with this trait : either you opt out and don't take it, or you go on a wild ride whenever you land in medbay.

I am kinda tired of this expectation mentality of some people on RP that they are in control of their own narrative. That goes in all ways against the design of the game (see the meta-cliques where this expectation can lead to). Maybe we should bomb medbay on RP more often so people are happy that doctors are even avaible.

Pretty much this... While I don't take puritan, I don't like it when players get mad when a Puritan clone goes wrong or SR isn't available.
Sorry that my doctor is more traditional....sorry that my security guard was looking for a doctor but they aren't around in medbay so I had to clone you myself before you start rotting...

As for this trait.. it kinda obstructs other players wich is why people are going against it. But at the same time I still think it's a fun one when using old methodes (wich we have access too) to find out what's wrong or just inspecting their body closely.. getting the same results as medical scanners but with more steps.
(10-01-2022, 03:59 AM)Kotlol Wrote: As for this trait.. it kinda obstructs other players wich is why people are going against it. But at the same time I still think it's a fun one when using old methodes (wich we have access too) to find out what's wrong or just inspecting their body closely.. getting the same results as medical scanners but with more steps.

To be honest, that's why i would like to see this trait. I'm the kind of person that wants this patients on my table.

On the other hand, i know some people consider doctoring being complicated already, so i can understand that people don't want to see other people opt in to make it even harder for them.