Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[MERGED PR] Makes flockdrones slowed instead of stunned and EMP items they pick up
Thumbs Up 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[BALANCE] [GAMEMODES] [INPUT WANTED]
About the PR
Makes flockdrone stuns work like silicon stuns, except they get slowed instead of stunned for the duration. This means all stun sources (flash, baton, taser) will apply a slow for the duration they would have stunned a borg for.
Because yass threatened to remove their hands otherwise, flockdrones now EMP any item they pick up. This means any stun baton or taser they pick up will have all its charge drained instantly.

Why's this needed?
Currently flockdrones get instantly full stunned by flash area attacks and demolished by tasers and batons. These changes are intended to make stuns still useful as a way to isolate and pick off drones without one flash being able to shut down an entire room of drones.
It might also be good to make stuns drain flock incapacitor charge, but that would require #10843 being merged first.

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)LeahTheTech
(*)Flockdrones are now slowed whenever they would have been stunned.
(*)Flockdrones now EMP any item they pick up.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
Them emping items seems weird, just doesnt really seem fitting for flock in general. I liked the idea of making the manipulator arm and matter disintegrator arm into a single arm, and you can only use items while youre actively disintegrating them, that way using sec gear as flock is inherently temporary.
I think flock stuff interfering with human technology makes enough sense to pass, they already break radios with electromagnetic interference so it's not too crazy to assume holding a piece of sensitive electronic equipment would cause some issues. As for making the manipulator consume things, it would be a lot more intuitive than having to hit the equip button to stuff things into the reclaimer, but I think anything you pick up disintegrating would overall just feel bad to play and would severely limit some of the more interesting strategies flock has access to.
You do know you can get a teleport jammer from the flock salesman?
Or other stuff?

Clearly EMPs are not a strange thing as Leah says
(09-22-2022, 06:21 AM)LeahTheTech Wrote: As for making the manipulator consume things, it would be a lot more intuitive than having to hit the equip button to stuff things into the reclaimer, but I think anything you pick up disintegrating would overall just feel bad to play and would severely limit some of the more interesting strategies flock has access to.

Honestly, I think itd make flock feel better, it feels like youre working around the game by using a thing intended to consume items to use the items, and also adds a satisfying time crunch for items.