HoS Application "Corvus Luth"
Usual character name: Corvus Luth
BYOND username: Drawkiin
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Drawkiin#8187
Goon servers you play: 3 + 4

Reason for application:  I want to play hos duh. I think the hos is an important role, which is missing far to often.

Security experience (300 word minimum):

Most of my experience of playing security is just playing it and also seeing what the other sec players are doing and of course looking at the wiki articles. Security Officer is probably my most played role, but I still have enough experience in other roles to know if something goes in their departments wrong. A security role is always quite fun to play since I really get around with it and pretty much one of the only roles that will interact with everyone on the station. For me its quite fun to both investigate a crime scene and then scan people to find the one responsible. It surprisingly common for players to continue to wear their crime gloves whose prints are everywhere on a crime scene.

Trying to capture an arrest target and then chasing it is always entertaining. I would consider myself somewhat robust (Sometimes i even hit the intended target with my gun). The entire arrest procedure is always quite important to keep the antagonist entertained, since just doing what you want without any opposition isn't fun. Also i think its quite important to do appropriate punishments. Stealing maybe a minute in the brig, while a mass murder probably should get a lot more brig time or maybe even if the hos or the captain wants it an execution (maybe even with a trail).

Also i think sometimes an officer should sometimes overlook something, a mechanic hacking a door they are probably just repairing a broken one (except of course critical infrastructure) or overlooking the stealth storage while searching an antagonist. Its fun to interrogate an antagonist and hear what their reason for doing what they have done is and even telling how they got their contraband.

Now that i think about it, I never actually used the whistle an security officer spawns with.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    Communication is quite important, you don't want to charge at an dangerous Antagonist alone. Also don't forget the antagonist are normally the driving force of a round, so don't end their round prematurely and give fair brig times. Also close the doors.
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
    Give Beepsky two batons. There should be way to mark players as persons of interest without making Beepsky and co start hunting them. Also I think silver handcuffs should stop a vampire from transforming into a bat, since silver is also known as a vampire weakness. Also give the detective their own security HUD (maybe even with detective themed googles).  
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
    Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    The Clown has AA,
    What could go wrong.
We really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to lack of community feedback. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days!