Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Allow for surgical revival
Lightbulb 
The idea: Allow for a form of revival that is possible through surgery. This method of revival would require the body to not be rotten at all and to be completely healed through brute and burn damage. As far as surgery goes, I would say that the procedure should be something such as: Target the chest, then perform Scalpel, Saw, Scalpel (as though you're opening the heart), then scalpel AGAIN but this cut will take a few seconds to complete while still having success dependent on whether or not you have medical training. Suture the cuts and then defib the body, and they are now revived! The target would then also take some damage to the heart that would need to be fixed after revival is complete.

I feel as though this extra option of revival would be good for those working in medbay to give an option that isn't cloning or Strange Reagent, and would also possibly allow for the meta in revival to shift away from cloning and make it more of a last resort. Along with this, it would give doctors another responsibility that would be geared more towards their role rather than being something just about anyone could do. I can see this not only being a huge benefit to RP servers, where those methods of revival can seem rather odd, but also beneficial for classic servers where it gives a possibly quick way for revival on servers where you aren't allowed to respawn aside from random events.

Overall, an extra way to revive that is purely surgical could help rework medical's way of handling dead people to be more interactive and not just be "Oh, clone the dead body" or trying to get a strange chemical that can sometimes be difficult to obtain.
i really like this thought! a few suggestions would be having it only work on a certain health threshold from all types of damage, and rotting of course. and maybe introduce a combo of chemicals inside the body that make it possible to make it a little bit more resource-intensive? like maybe atropine + synaptize at since those two already synchronize together and will help newer doctors realize those chems work great together? :O :O
also if someone's set dnr, maybe it catches them on fire, like how brains catch on fire when being introduced into a borg?
really enjoy this idea, it'd make it possible for NPC revivals, which before you'd only have SR for it
don't really see a purpose for this other than to mirror how tgcode handles surgery, which is a lot different (and admittedly less crusty) than how gooncode handles surgery. I don't really see a design niche this fills that isn't already filled. and personally I think any design-supported attempts to Move Away From Cloning will just result in new doctors getting Yelled At when they didn't revive a character with 500 meta-preferences on the specifics of their revival that said new doctor had zero way whatsoever of knowing
Against... You can technically revive someone from the dead if they just "died" if they aren't too damaged.. with the deflib.
Yes you can heal it abit and try again.
Remember it has to be recent....
I been revived this way twice before. And preformed it succesfully once.
(09-23-2022, 08:55 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Against... You can technically revive someone from the dead if they just "died" if they aren't too damaged.. with the deflib.
Yes you can heal it abit and try again.
Remember it has to be recent....
I been revived this way twice before. And preformed it succesfully once.

I don't think you can be revived this way. What may have happened is that you got injected with Strange Reagent, which requires a defib to work. As it stands currently, when you are dead you remain dead unless revived via cloning, strange reagent (plus defib), or borging.
I think I might be okay with this if it was dangerous in some way. Rare chance of an NPC taking over the body attacking people.

On second thought. Maybe strange reagent should do that...