Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 2.06 Average
Tone down farting
(09-23-2022, 06:37 AM)zjdtmkhzt Wrote:
(09-22-2022, 08:13 AM)alexandregtg Wrote: The problem is when you start viewing this with a veteran point of view. Of course some of us have played this game for years and it starts getting quite boring after a while, but for a new player its really funny. Silly things like fart are what makes Goon the goofy place we all know and love. Nothing stops you from lowering your volume if it annoys you that much, or play a few rounds of RP where people spamming farts is much less frequent. It seems like another unnecessary fun thing to nerf.

I have never found this funny at any point during play

As someone who has played medical doctor in SS13 at some point in time I think your diagnoses would be a case of Broken Funny Bone. sad greater domestic space-bee
It's truly a shame.
[Image: stick-in-the-mud1.jpg]
goon made me realize that farts could be funny honestly
I won't deny spamming the f key over and over could grow tiresome, but a well coordinated group of spacemen farting out ode to joy might just lead to world peace.
A no hearing farts trait sounds pretty funny, similar to clown disbelief in a way. I think spam is the problem most people here share. I would say just add a cooldown and the gas that can be added to the air is compensated to make up for it.

farting isn't my thing but it is mostly, MOSTLY harmless. I think it is silly and has some silly mechanical implementation. I don't like fart humor but....come on? eating beans and farting through space even gives me a bit of a smile when I picture it.
(09-26-2022, 09:33 PM)Scaltra Wrote: A no hearing farts trait sounds pretty funny, similar to clown disbelief in a way. I think spam is the problem most people here share. I would say just add a cooldown and the gas that can be added to the air is compensated to make up for it.

farting isn't my thing but it is mostly, MOSTLY harmless. I think it is silly and has some silly mechanical implementation. I don't like fart humor but....come on? eating beans and farting through space even gives me a bit of a smile when I picture it.

If we just treat farting as a mechanic in the game we have. (wich it does)
then we can work around it rather then say: "noise and joke lame"

I would love to see cans of beans be in engineering so they can hellburn and fart away.
While normal players have a cooldown.
(09-27-2022, 05:05 AM)Kotlol Wrote:
(09-26-2022, 09:33 PM)Scaltra Wrote: A no hearing farts trait sounds pretty funny, similar to clown disbelief in a way. I think spam is the problem most people here share. I would say just add a cooldown and the gas that can be added to the air is compensated to make up for it.

I would love to see cans of beans be in engineering so they can hellburn and fart away.

The idea of convincingĀ the Chef to make their special 13 bean chili to give you some kind of powerful fart sounds better than going into a room and spamming the F key
(10-01-2022, 04:10 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(09-27-2022, 05:05 AM)Kotlol Wrote:

The idea of convincingĀ the Chef to make their special 13 bean chili to give you some kind of powerful fart sounds better than going into a room and spamming the F key

I am making this a seperate suggestion just in case it doesn't get burried. Anyone who can PR can pick it up then.