Aves Hibou Hos Application
Usual character name: Aves Hibou (Silicon): Witness, A.V.E.S
BYOND username: Judobum
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Judobum

Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Goon servers you play: 1

Reason for application:

The head of security adds a fun dynamic to security. The hos's position in security allows them to coordinate security more efficiently than just a secoff due to the fact that the hos is higher on the chain of command rather than an equal on the chain. Furthermore, in rounds where there is a hos it adds another variable for the antagonists to deal with, which can be a fun variable to circumnavigate or assassinate. Having a Hos also allows for funny gimmicks or moments such as the hos clown shotting minor criminals as punishment or setting up elaborate and funny ways of dealing with a criminal. I'm applying because I love working and being part of the security team and leading security.

Security experience (300 word minimum):

Security is my favorite department because of how it shapes the round and has direct interaction with antagonists. I main security or roles that interact heavily with security such as ai. I've played security long enough to deal with every type of antagonist multiple times and played as all antagonists except blob and nuke ops commander multiple times, so I know how to effectively contain and combat them. As a member of the security team, I try to check on everyone's status every so often in order to see how everyone is doing and I try to check what threats we are dealing with in order to find out what to prioritize. When I deal with minor altercations, I try my best to use diplomacy and avoid jailing someone for something that could be talked over or compromised over. Also, when dealing with antagonists I will only execute if they are a massive threat that has to be dealt with immediately (ex revheads, nuke ops, late game changlings, antag that has gone on a killing spree)  or if no other option is available ex (Security has been ttv'ed and there is no longer a brig, porta brig or a holding facility) because killing antagonists immediately can leave the round feeling stale and ruins their ability to have fun interactions with the crew. As for leading the security team when the team is mostly comprised of new officers, or a leader doesn't step up I will usually try to take command of the team. When I lead a security team I try to coordinate where the team goes and who they go for. For example, in revolution rounds if I take command of the team I will try to assign officers to secure a department such as cargo or have them focus on implanting or hunting a revhead. When we have a hos or someone else has taken command, I try to follow the orders to the best of my ability and assist the team in any way I can. When dealing with antagonists I also prefer to attempt to talk to them if the situation permits it. Talking to an antagonist both gives them fun interactions and allows security to either prepare and get backup while they are talking or to glean information about what their next move may be. Lastly for security experience I have played as detective a lot, so I have a good understanding of forensics and how to find evidence and how someone may hide it.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?: 
    Advice I would give to other sec players is keep your team informed and communicate with them. Information is a vital part of the security department and can make or break a security team. Without information antagonists may be able to slip by security officers who are uninformed. Even just knowing who is alive and how everyone is doing helps the security team because you know how many you have left and who can respond to threats. Furthermore, in high chaos rounds such as nuke ops or revolutions an informed security team preforms much better than a disorganized security team. In nuke ops making sure everyone knows which route to the nuke is better than letting everyone fend for themselves and can help avoid needless casualties. As for revolution rounds communicating with your team can help you secure vital locations such as cargo or med bay and being in communication with your team can save you if a situation starts falling apart. 
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one):
    My favorite security moment was a punishment the Hos gave me. I was a traitor detective and shot the captain and a few security officers inside sec. Eventually I was caught and arrested by the hos for that round Garion Aziz. Instead of killing me they gave me the funniest punishment I've ever received from sec. Because there was no chef that round my punishment was that I had to cook eight meals for the crew in order to legally obtain freedom. The doors were bolted, and a cyborg was assigned to make sure I didn't leave and to grab ingredients for me. Even though I escaped the punishment immediately it is still one of my favorite moments with security due to the creativity and hilarity of the punishment.  
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.:
    The differences between a full team and solo are priorities. With a full security team, I can focus on smaller crimes and can stick around for funny gimmicks. For example, with a full team I would handle smaller issues such as break in's, small fights and if someone is doing a joke or wants a security officer to test something. As a solo security officer, I have to let some smaller situations go and prioritize higher and more dangerous threats. Also, as a solo security officer I have to approach situations more cautiously because there will be no backup and if it goes badly then the crew will need to fend for themselves.   
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):   
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
    I would like to run an antagonist to ally pipeline. I would like to try to convert an antagonist to a useful member of the security team using their abilities to assist the security team. For example, an arcfiend riding the wire into a room to collect forensic evidence or save a crewmember.  Additionally, I would like the gimmick to start on an antagonist that was on the run from security rather than one that was already peaceful with security. I would start the gimmick by offering them their choices of brig or working with security. If they accept, I would fit them with a tracker and if they were hostile enough maybe an electropack. After that I would roam around with them and do security work while supervising them. Then if they demonstrate good activity and help the security team enough I would give them a full welcome to the security team as an asset and give them less supervision. Alternatively, I would like to run an antagonist zoo/fight ring. If the antagonist has done enough damage to warrant a large brig sentence or even an execution I would like to instead have them box the crew in the ring until they lose and die. I think it would be a fun game for an antagonist to see how many crew members they can go through until they lose to one of them. 
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): 
I was banned for 3 days a couple of months (Apologies can't remember the specific date/month) back for spamming recite Miranda rights
aves has been a good secoff whenever i see em and has a good balance on punishments and mercy on antags, they also are friendly with the crew and effective when dealing with antags.

they do have hos potential so +1
We really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to lack of community feedback. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days!