Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Space Pirate Antagonists
Yo, ho, ho and a bottle of rum! Team based antagonists are one of Goon’s most unique features: nukies, gangs, the flock, and revs are all very fun (and chaotic) game modes. They mostly revolve around taking over - and/or destroying - the station. However, I thought it’d be a fun idea to take a different approach: stealing the station’s expensive goodies (along with the budget). 

Much like nukies, pirates could spawn at round start on the mothership, equipped with the finest of cargo pirate ships. Equipped with the fanciest treasure chests and cannons on the black market, the pirate fleet will be challenged to steal anything and everything they can stuff into their boats. At the end of the round, the stolen goods will be tallied, and their total worth will be calculated - a cut of the spoils will then be transferred into their bank accounts in the form of spacebux as pirate payroll. 

Alcohol - especially rum - could help boost a pirate’s stamina regen and movement speed. Cannons could be wheeled onto the station to blow walls up as a turret with limited cannonball ammo. Pet parrots could be deployed, identifying and flying to the most valuable items in the general vicinity. Meeting monetary stretch goals like 10,000 credits worth of items stolen could supply the pirate crew with special drops: more cannons, alcohol, guns and swords, or even the kraken. 

I know this concept is pretty out there - but a team of pirates is an incredibly fun idea to me, plundering and pillaging the station into the ground. Unlike nukies, piracy can facilitate different playstyles: pacifist pirates could hang out and get drunk at the bar all round, or more cruel ones could robust everyone and steal everything. It may not be technically feasible with Goon’s code - but I’d at least like the idea considered nonetheless.
I tried in the past several RP sessions as a Captain to become space pirates, to loot and plunder other ships/stations in space.
Basicly a fun excuse to go adventuring...
Never came of it cause security goes against it.. or... Antags start blowing up the station insted of interacting with it.
Seriously I kinda dislike antags that do not try to do anything with their gimmicks or Captains who try to get the station to do something.

Anyhow... I do think this is a fun idea. Since you can have Pirates be loud and rowdy as friendlies, causing problems as Antagonists.
They can plunder things but also blow up things for fun.
It's basicly a fun flavor of Antagonists. Though force a "Pirate accent" on them so they always talk saying things like Arrr and saying you as ye.

But don't make them flat out old pirates.. they are space pirates, so atleast have them have the "space equavilant" of it.
Those canons? Make em Mobile Plasma canons (that need to be loaded). Your swords? Well that remains the same since captain has a sabre.
Your guns? Pirate phazers. Your eyepatch? Ooh those aren't eye patches but glasses that can give information of how much something is worth! (like a cargo scanner)

Bam, you are done!
fuck yes i like this they should get makeshift phasers and swords too