Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nerfing SR: a Discussion
(09-19-2022, 11:22 AM)Sov Wrote: imo puritans should be unrevivable by any means. 1 life only, use it well

Also I dislike people treating it like free points and getting salty in dead chat / toxic towards players who don't bother looking for the trait when cloning them

I guess borging is ok as a way to get more bodies to the roboticist

I would prefer this, yeah. Just flat out one life, don't fuck up.

I don't think the puritan issues are SR's fault at all, and directly puritans fault for allowing it.
(09-19-2022, 07:11 PM)nefarious6th Wrote: what if puritan removal

but i like flooding cloning in blood and limbs
Personally I prefer to only have two ways back from death. Cloning and Borging.
I find sr exciting and it allows fun experiments. If a puritan wants to be not revived because of their character or whatever they can say it on ooc to not be revived and at classic it doesnt really matter
I'm somewhat dissatisfied with the change honestly. Because the way i see it, puritan moved away from being a cloner drawback to the role of "one life only". And i already saw people on discord not even wanting borging as an alternative

This leaves design space.

I would we introduce the perk "cloner incompatibility" as a +1, affecting monkey cloning and normal cloning with the effect we know. Also, increase the amount of SR needed for a successful revival to like 20, 1 for critters and mobs only.

And remove the bottle of omnizine from the RD office.
(09-21-2022, 07:10 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: I would we introduce the perk "cloner incompatibility" as a +1, affecting monkey cloning and normal cloning with the effect we know.

Make it plus zero, it can be a curveball trait to keep doctors on their toes without being a power gaming trait negated by a competent medbay. Everyone’s happy!
Old puritan was a +2 and still had monkey cloning. That's why i choosen +1. But i wouldn't mind it as a +0.

Then again, as a +0 it would never see use on classic. Most +1 traits are not too debilitating anyway.