Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Possibly, in a very remote possibility, undo the item-arm nerf in shoves.
Yes, this sounds like a mad idea, but think with me for a second: it's been almost if not already a decade that this nerf has been put into the game. Many things have changed, specially the stuns. A SecOff can easily down a c-saber rampager and keep stunning them until dead. Even if they are on stims, it's easy to deal with them. C-saber nerds are easily counterable with how combat has changed, and this nerf only gets on the way of some very interesting gimmicks with people replacing their arms with health analyzers/funky items.
(09-18-2022, 02:24 PM)Caio029 Wrote: it's been almost if not already a decade that this nerf has been put into the game.

Item arms haven't existed for nearly that long???
Which item arm nerf?? Im assuming its disarming csaber arms triggering the csaber but what does this have to do with health analyzers?
C-sabers are very very very very very very very.. I repeat VERY GLASS CANNON!
They can do as much if not more damage then a katana, but has no mobility.
It has a wide swing that is amazing and it can deflect attacks back at enemies.

We could go with giving it a tiny buff like. If blocking with the C-saber, any shove or baton attacks fail and result in the oppenent being disarmed (litterly)
But in doing so you drain your stamina quite a bit. And we all known at low to no stamina, you can't block and stuns will down you instantly.

There all complaints solved.
Remember that having your block up as a C-saber means your back is open and grabbing you will break the block. And with block up and you attacking you lose the advantage right away.
(09-18-2022, 04:30 PM)zjdtmkhzt Wrote:
(09-18-2022, 02:24 PM)Caio029 Wrote: it's been almost if not already a decade that this nerf has been put into the game.

Item arms haven't existed for nearly that long???

My bad. The point still stands.

(09-18-2022, 04:35 PM)Ikea Wrote: Which item arm nerf?? Im assuming its disarming csaber arms triggering the csaber but what does this have to do with health analyzers?

Yeah, I also didn't mention what kind of nerf I was talking about. Also my bad. But it's not only just health analyzers, but any item that does any kind of significant damage. RCDs, most construction resources, most medical appliances... are you carrying a beaker as an item-arm and someone shoves you? Whatever was being held on that beaker is now spilled. You, for the hell of it, replaced your arm for a shotgun as the bartender? Too bad. It's just that so many gimmicks become too much of a loss to complete when you consider how item-arms are nerfed this way.
Shoving someone with an item arm hitting them with the arm existed since day one of item arms, IIRC.
Regardless of when it originated, I do think item arms are a symptom of disarms being obnoxiously strong. Guaranteeing a hit on the player for item arming is a crazy harsh counterplay option, not to mention even when they aren't downed, it's still a very high chance of making them hit themselves.

Being the entire point of item arming was so people didn't instantly RNG disarm your weapon across the hallway and murder you with it, it's counter productive to item arm at all right now, when it should ideally give you a better chance to keep your weapon and not have it get used against you, but remove the usage of one of your hands.