Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's talk Dolly the Sheep
I could talk Ranchers but that has been done to dead...
Some say they are perfect, others say they need changes and more things to do..

AND ONE OF THOSE IS DOLLY!
And.... well... they are unfinished...

Yay you got something to do from the start! An animal to feed and to get constant items from.
GREAT! But.. the wool cannot be used into an useful item... Sure you can turn the wool into feed...

The wiki only says this:
Also feetures Dolly, the sheep, to whom should anything happen, the rancher will go on a rampage.

So.. basicly.. if Dolly dies by someone else.. the rancher may go on a rampage?

But let's face it.. most ranchers get rid of Dolly cause they take up space and eat feed...

The wool can be processed into an useless item at the moment. There is no information for it.
While it's neat to have Dolly... bascily there is no information, no use to them but being a cute animal.
And if it dies Ranchers may go on a rampage? Not really good info.

So what do we do? Disable Dolly till we get a use so Ranchers dont have a reason to rampage?
Do we add more to them? What do you think?
You can currently use the klew and needle to weave the wool in to material for upgrading clothing and armor. I think its pretty cute. I brought dolly to sec one round while i did desk work and just sat there knitting in between doing computer work.
(09-18-2022, 06:31 AM)swinglow20 Wrote: You can currently use the klew and needle to weave the wool in to material for upgrading clothing and armor. I think its pretty cute. I brought dolly to sec one round while i did desk work and just sat there knitting in between doing computer work.

You can use it to upgrade things? Makes sense but I couldn't find it anywhere.. kept trying to ask and such.
Maybe time for us to go wiki editing again.
If I recall correctly it provides a bit of cold resist to whatever clothing it is applied to. Been a long while since I messed around with it since until we can do something like raise lambs I pretty much ignore Dolly.
I like dolly for fluff reasons. She has earned me some RP (like when i used her as target for bowling melons). Maybe when chickens are more advanced dolly can be expanded upon.

And i put it into the questionable quality suggestions, but i gonna iterate that i would like her to be colourable with paint and make the bible change hr from red to blue and back. It gives a neat age of empire reference and would enable some "capture the flag" like minigames.
(09-18-2022, 01:54 PM)DioChasek Wrote: If I recall correctly it provides a bit of cold resist to whatever clothing it is applied to.

Much stronger. It also adds armor and can stack, meaning you can slap it on your armor, jumpsuit, gloves and make things far less effective against you.
(09-19-2022, 10:09 AM)Cal Wrote:
(09-18-2022, 01:54 PM)DioChasek Wrote: If I recall correctly it provides a bit of cold resist to whatever clothing it is applied to.

Much stronger. It also adds armor and can stack, meaning you can slap it on your armor, jumpsuit, gloves and make things far less effective against you.

Neat...but still feels like it should have abit more functionality, but this is a good mechanic.
So Dolly mutations to change wool effects when? Or a mat sci alloy called steel wool when combined with mauxite?