Feedback Ursulmajor. Banning without warning and (in my opinion) with prejudice.
Title: Ursulmajor. Banning without warning and (in my opinion) with prejudice.

Admin: ursulamajor

Server: Goon1

Date + time: 10.09.2022 /// 19:28 UTC+3

Synopsis(I want to explain the entire round briefly just so that everyone gets a clear picture of what my intentions were): I started the round as a quartermaster, I really wanted to make shipping actually work instead of just sit there with 0 credits in its account. I went to HoP and requested that I be granted bank access and gun carry permit (because why not :P) and after HoP wrote a document and had me sign it I was granted access. After a while in the shipping zone there were multiple problems like people building on the cargo entrance so that we couldn't reviewed any of the cargo, getting the doors stuck so they are always open, dismantling entire walls, exploding a million things in front of the door etc. after all of this I really couldn't handle it anymore, I just decided to put one of the other quartermasters in charge. After a while I made my way to HoP's office and to my honest shocked reaction HoP had left an AA ID in the machine and everyone was getting AA and playing basketball, I decided to name myself Andrew Tate just so we could goof around with the people there, and made my job "Top G" (yes I know how it sounds but what really matters is what happened next). After a while I was just hanging out in the bridge when the "inspector" that was talking on the broadcast since the beginning came into the room, and while I was trying to make an announcement he started to tell me how bad of a captain I was and the whole ship would lose "30 points". I told the inspector that I was not the captain but an important business partner of the captain. Afterwards he promptly flashed me, which I took as an attack and attacked back. After he was basically on the ground I cuffed him and basically changed his job ID to clown and removed his every access. ( My action was accepted as a valid response by Admin Emily, the screenshots will be in the logs) And so, nothing after that happened for a while, until the end of the round. When the shuttle arrived I kept getting teleported to random places in the map, and every time I got back it happened again, the last time it happened I managed to get back in before the shuttle started. And when I was sitting in the pilot seat the "inspector" I demoted spawned right in front of me with heavy armor. Then he proceeded to teleport me to "HQ", trapped in a box, unable to do any damage to him he just slowly killed me there all the while making fun of me for not being able to do anything. And after what I thought to be an admin abuse I wrote a heated report and sent it. (it will also be down in the logs) Which immediately after writing the report I got banned for naming myself "Andrew Tate" apparently.

Why my ban doesn't make any sense: The main reason I was banned was because of my name according to ursulamajor however, as I have never broken this rule before its seems really harsh to ban me without even atleast giving me a warning or a heads up. Not to mention the fact that even though I used the name "Andrew Tate" for 3 rounds not ONCE has any admin even warned me or told me about it. Prime example is Emma, she asked me the reason for the inspectors demotion, I gave it to her and she told me that it was "fair", without even warning me about my name. But as soon as I did something to the "inspector" that he didint like I got  punished  when no other admin EVER  warned me about it, even though they knew and it didint bother them at all.

shortcoming
My Shortcoming: I want everyone to see the full truth behind the event, and I wont hide any evidence behind just to make myself look good. After I got teleported to the "HQ" I got extremely angry as I thought this was a case of admin abuse, and so I wrote a mildly heated report and sent it to the admins.(it willbe in the logs below also, the 3rd one) What I said in there was wrong and I truly apologize for that, I shouldn't have said it I know that and I just want it to be known that I did type that in because I thought it was a genuine case of admin abuse, as never in all my playtime on the goonstation ever an inspector had the ability to teleport people to basically another realm with maxed out armor and godly weapons.

Logs:
https://imgur.com/fLzais0
https://imgur.com/DDj28Gp
https://imgur.com/oEmJve2

Extra information: This was a 1 day ban and that is why I put it here, I am not denying the fact that what I did was wrong, it was against the rules and the admins are totally in their right to take action. However, given the fact that I honestly never broke this rule before AND had never gotten even a remark from the admins about it is really saddening. I know that Andrew Tate is a controversial however unlike the example in the wiki, Adndrew Tate hasn't been convicted of any charges whatsoever (and its not like Im a big Andrew Tate fanboy or anything if you check my chatlogs you can see that) so putting it on the same pedestal as the person in the wiki is really (in my opinion) disingenuous. I dont expect to be unbanned nor do I want any harm to come to anyone, I just want this to be an experience for future situations like this. Banning someone for a rule break that they never committed before nor got warned about is really unfair and unjust.
I did not know what an "Andrew Tate" was when I said your action was justified.

After I was informed what an "Andrew Tate" was, that changed my opinion on the interaction you had with that other player.

Nobody is owed any warnings before they are banned, and the team generally considers day bans to be a "big warning" rather than a full on ban.

I don't think this ban requires any further justification on my part. Other admins are free to weigh in.
(09-10-2022, 09:57 AM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: I did not know what an "Andrew Tate" was when I said your action was justified.

After I was informed what an "Andrew Tate" was, that changed my opinion on the interaction you had with that other player.

Nobody is owed any warnings before they are banned, and the team generally considers day bans to be a "big warning" rather than a full on ban.

I don't think this ban requires any further justification on my part. Other admins are free to weigh in.

My name had nothing to with my interaction with the "inspector" character? I did not say anything relating to the person (that person being Andrew Tate) that affected any of my doings towards yor character (the inspector), if my name was (for example) john smith I still would have done the exact same thing. Im not trying to be antagonistic or anything ( I am sorry if its coming out that way) but I just genuinely want to know, because my ban reason and my action towards the "inspector" were 2 different events only connected by you figuring out who Andrew Tate was and then waiting till the end of the round to punish me in game.
(09-10-2022, 09:50 AM)Quizzer Wrote: ...as I have never broken this rule before its seems really harsh to ban me without even atleast giving me a warning or a heads up. Not to mention the fact that even though I used the name "Andrew Tate" for 3 rounds not ONCE has any admin even warned me or told me about it...

We don't run a police state where we constantly monitor people's every action all the time, and we don't intend to stress ourselves doing so. Plenty of people break the rules without us noticing or nobody else adminhelping them, that's just reality. People (including you in this case) could play for dozens of rounds without us noticing, but breaking the rules is still breaking the rules once we notice - and like Urs has already said, a dayban is basically a warning.

The rule states:
"5. Do not name your character after ... controversial figures, .. [like] any name you've heard of in the news ... it is not an invitation for debate. Change it or go elsewhere."
The person you named yourself is clearly controversial if we even have to have this discussion - I think the wording of the rule is clear as to how we view further debate on this subject.