Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Give Artist role a Floor and Wall planner
Rainbow 
The new latejoin Artist role is pretty cool, people make their drawings, share with others, even put in the Central Command mural.

A great tool I find for myself, and others, on design and overall decorating is the Floor and Wall Planner, that can only be obtained by cargo's Construction Equipment crate.

I feel like adding one of those for the Artist role would be pretty neat, specially on Roleplay servers, and many would enjoy that   bee
also give them an RCD deluxe and a jetpack and a space suit
(yeah this sounds fine)
Only if it takes a short bit of time and is melee range; it really upsets me personally to have people vandalize the look of my dept remotely from outside my dept, instantly such that I can't stop them.

Also give it to engineers since building and decorating rooms is their job
The amount of suggestions regarding stuff the construction worker had kinda shows how people want to construct and redecorate rooms.

(09-13-2022, 10:07 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: Only if it takes a short bit of time and is melee range; it really upsets me personally to have people vandalize the look of my dept remotely from outside my dept, instantly such that I can't stop them.

Also give it to engineers since building and decorating rooms is their job

Maybe a nerfed version that is baseline to engineers/artists and have the normal wall and floor designer be avaible over QM?

Since the normal wall and floor designer is underutilized anyway, applying these changes to the baseline w&d designer doesn't make sense. But having this on the one maby people start with is a good idea to prevent grief.
Make it a program in their PDA? To be honest, I was kind of surprised the floor/wall changing wasn't melee range to start with.
maybe have the wall/floor planner use materials like the lamp manufacturer does. could reduce the spaminess of it
(09-17-2022, 12:00 PM)Retrino Wrote: maybe have the wall/floor planner use materials like the lamp manufacturer does. could reduce the spaminess of it

That seems like a good idea to balance It more
I don't hate the wall and floor planner to be honest. In the right hands (wich it mostly lands in) you get very creative areas or stations.
In the WRONG hands.. well you get flesh covered walls for no reason just cause it looks weird.

Considering how some designs work like corners and such...a missclick would be too heavily to deal with mats.
I'd say 1 tile range and give it an action bar.

Have a "DELUXE VERSION" of it somewhere that works like the current one or a "HOLOGRAPHIC ONE"
Pretty much changing the material via hologams not actual mat change.
And have this one be hidden away by the CE.