Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Reduce the overbearingness of stunmeta
(09-22-2022, 06:52 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(09-15-2022, 12:55 AM)babayetu83 Wrote: make it more tied to stamina than anything

make stamina more important and make managing it more important. make stun duration be based on your stamina pool or something so that way stuns become a way to finish somebody off and not an instant "i win" button. it would also encourage people to be more careful with how they engage because if they burn through all of their stamina then they're leaving themselves wide open to get stunned

I do kinda wish we had a second stamina bar. Something that the current stamina drew from to replenish itself.

Not a bad idea, let's call it "The Adrenaline Bar" (Yes we got Adrenaline rush, it will be included)
Pretty much if you take physical damage or anything that "introduces" stress.. your adrenaline bar goes down before your stamina metre does.
Protecting your stamina metre from going to 0 and thus go into a stunned/collapsed status.

Now this doesn't work when you are just RUNNING. You have to be hit by something, stun batons and tazers and the like will also increase stress thus the adrenaline bar turns on. If you punch someone, you also build up stress or if you throw something at someone. So pretty much anything that puts you into a combat situation or life or death situation this bar goes off.
It doesn't go off if you are just running laps around the station.

Now for Adrenaline Rush, you guessed it. You have access to it right away, draining that 1st before it hits your stamina.

So what happens if it drops to 0? Well your stamina is open to attack.
But Adrenaline recovers SLOWER then Stamina. Unless you are resting (aka sleeping) or Eating something.
Resting recovers it faster and eating.. well food gives stamina recovery so why not Adrenaline.
You can also replenish it by injecting adrenaline, but.. that might get you addicted to it.

For calculations and balancing? I DONT KNOW.
But this second bar sounds like a good idea and doing it like this makes sense.
Why would that bar drop if you aren't in actual danger?

Also it can introduce traits that will access the bar without fighting such as:
"Paranoia"
You think you are always in danger and your adrenaline kicks in! Giving you access to 25% Adrenaline from the get go, but...it recovers even slower.
or
"Adrenaline Junkie"
You are someone who likes the dangers and risks of space! Giving you access to the full adrenaline bar without going into combat, but being addicted to adrenaline shots from the get go (and thus drawbacks constantly)

Just my idea.
the problem with stuns being considered 'meta' is that in a game like this, someone not stunned is impossible to take down. try chasing or fighting an experienced greysuit who knows just how to mash all 4 arrow keys. there's a reason flopout and lying down had to get nerfed.

The only people that use raw damage effectively are the syndicate and even then it's only because their opponents are willing to throw themselves at you. if you wanted stuns to be made less meta, either make them less-good or make not stunning less bad. I think the amount of stun balancing done has left it relatively healthy at the minute.

Perhaps damage slowing you partially for a tick or two would suit the game better. Then you can have sprint override damage slows, making stamina a resource VS raw damage too. Lethal weapons will be more useful and chases would be more manageable.
(09-25-2022, 04:18 PM)TDHooligan Wrote: the problem with stuns being considered 'meta' is that in a game like this, someone not stunned is impossible to take down. try chasing or fighting an experienced greysuit who knows just how to mash all 4 arrow keys. there's a reason flopout and lying down had to get nerfed.

The only people that use raw damage effectively are the syndicate and even then it's only because their opponents are willing to throw themselves at you. if you wanted stuns to be made less meta, either make them less-good or make not stunning less bad. I think the amount of stun balancing done has left it relatively healthy at the minute.

Perhaps damage slowing you partially for a tick or two would suit the game better. Then you can have sprint override damage slows, making stamina a resource VS raw damage too. Lethal weapons will be more useful and chases would be more manageable.

I definitely agree on the damage part, for me, the options shouldn't be either a fight ender stun or beating the person up they die. Stuns could do with some tuning to allow for SOME counter play, while actual damage could be a tad more debilitating to the point you don't need to actually kill someone with it for them to be easy to contain. That would make it so lethal weaponry wasn't as much of a "rush them and shove it out their hand" situation as it currently is.