Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Reduce the overbearingness of stunmeta
Imo it goes beyond just security stuns. At the moment slipping, getting shoved, random chem stuns and all seem very strong. Getting half your health taken(IE getting shot) slows you down a bit, but you still keep on fighting, meanwhile anything stuns you and you're on the floor completely incapable of retaliating while someone murders you. Stuns are too plentiful, too strong and generally just completely end fights via disarming you, stopping your movement and making it so you're basically stuck there while you die.
It feels quite jarring to me that slipping on a banana peel can be more immediately debilitating than getting shot. In many ways, a lot of very lethal things seem much more forgiving to go against and offer much more counterplay than stuff that uses stuns.

Edit: i'd say, at least how i'd change things is swap out some of the smaller stuns for heavy disorient/slows that still allow you to protect yourself to some extent, while also making it so you keep your items in your hand while fallen, and you have to be shoved for them to fall, so slipping on a banana peel/lubed floor isn't a instant disarm and that lets whoever just walk in and steal your stun baton or predator revolver

Messages In This Thread
Reduce the overbearingness of stunmeta - by NOOT - 09-13-2022, 01:18 AM
RE: Reduce the overbearingness of stunmeta - by colossusqw - 09-22-2022, 08:33 AM