Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Reduce the overbearingness of stunmeta
I would love for stuns to be be clawed back a bit.
Personally, I'd favor the 'lethal damage reduces stun duration' option. I think that's a great idea. It leaves changelings/vampires alone to do their Single Mandated Hunting Type, but prevents the usual 'bop twice with baton followed by beating to death for free' thing. Or the ever-beloved Detective stun then lethal magdump. Plus, it reduces the horror of an antag getting a stunbaton and soloing the station.

The sheer level of min-maxery you need for your antag round to not be over the second a SecOff looks at you once is absurd, even as a long-time player. And the counters to it keep getting ever more and more restricted over time. Worse stims. Meth kills with no ability to soften it. Caps on stun resist. Heavy restrictions on what traitors can get stun resist items. SMES human nerfs. And so on and so on. And ability for non-sec to get stuns get ever more restricted as well, with Wizards not getting to touch them, and Sec Tokens from QM being replaced with Assistant Tokens.

Maybe more and more power is being congealed into the donut-frosted hands of Security since Main seems to have a problem of often never having near enough Sec. But maybe the reasons for that might be worth looking into, instead of pushing things ever further into the realm of 'SecOff sees you be bad, antag round over'. I consider myself pretty good at fleeing from Sec. But even so, one fortuitous tile click, and it's back to waiting another week for an antag round.

Messages In This Thread
Reduce the overbearingness of stunmeta - by NOOT - 09-13-2022, 01:18 AM
RE: Reduce the overbearingness of stunmeta - by Love - 09-13-2022, 10:06 PM