Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Reduce the overbearingness of stunmeta
A while back when flock was just patched up, I remember one of the first rounds I had against them there was just a flockdrone in engineering who was stunning then harmbaton-ing people to death and I kinda felt my soul leave my body. From what I can see every fucking antag boils down to getting a baton, same energy as that "it goes in the square hole!" video. What's the point, right?

Stuns are overbearing yeah, but frankly at least half of all antag types rely entirely on stuns anyway. Vampires, lings and arcfiends all have abilities designed to incapacitate lone people with long stuns. A suggestion I've heard that I like the sound of is to let people act in stuns so it's more about disabling their movement. (And before people get started: Make the cuffing actionbar not cancel when the target attacks you. Make csabers and shit easy to disarm when downed. Figure something out, these things aren't hard to adapt.) That way you're still a threat when someone tases you, but only one party has the option to retreat from a fight.

There's also the yelling over radio thing. I kinda wonder what would happen to the meta if we made talking into the radio take half a second or something so it's interruptible but I expect that to be one of most unpopular changes ever suggested. :p

Messages In This Thread
Reduce the overbearingness of stunmeta - by NOOT - 09-13-2022, 01:18 AM
RE: Reduce the overbearingness of stunmeta - by BatElite - 09-13-2022, 03:38 AM