Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Increase chances of chickens spawning a unique egg
It just takes fucking forever sometimes
If you meet the requirements for the egg to spawn, it spawns 100% of the time. It is not rng
the last time I checked (which was admittedly a while ago) the in-game documentation only indicates which foods are needed to breed which chickens. seeing as feeding a hen these foods does not immediately have any effect on egg variety, it can feel a lot like RNG, especially since the average player does not have access to the code that outlines how exactly chicken laying mechanics tick. if you intend this information to be transparent, perhaps an indication in-game on a piece of rancher equipment could help clear things up?
I mean, there are some ranchers who figured the stuff out already. Why don't you ask them?

Chicken questions on the discord attract a whole flock of ranchers who will gladly answer these.
I would encourage ranchers to experiment to find out the mechanics and then post them on the wiki once they find them out.

This is how non secret content worked before open source and its how I want chicken science to work
(09-14-2022, 09:50 AM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: I would encourage ranchers to experiment to find out the mechanics and then post them on the wiki once they find them out.

This is how non secret content worked before open source and its how I want chicken science to work

The wiki needs alot of updating. Sometimes there are some outdated stuff on it or lack the answers you seek.

Do we have a dedicated wiki editor?
Quote:"Come my tan-faced children,

Follow well in order, get your weapons ready,
Have you your pistols? have you your sharp-edged axes?
Pioneers! O pioneers!

For we cannot tarry here,
We must march my darlings, we must bear the brunt of danger,
We the youthful sinewy races, all the rest on us depend,
Pioneers! O pioneers!"
(09-14-2022, 12:12 PM)Kotlol Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 09:50 AM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: I would encourage ranchers to experiment to find out the mechanics and then post them on the wiki once they find them out.

The wiki needs alot of updating. Sometimes there are some outdated stuff on it or lack the answers you seek.

Boy that would be a frustrating gig with how quickly changes can come down the pipeline. If there is one I am so sorry.
(09-14-2022, 12:12 PM)Kotlol Wrote:

It's you. You're the wiki editor. Everyone with a forum account has a linked wiki account with the same login.