Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CLOSED PR] Adds in a new chaplain antagonist item, the heartlight knife
Thumbs Down 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[INPUT WANTED]
About the PR
This PR adds in a new chaplain antag item, costing 6 TC, a scroll that once read, replaces the readers heart and grants them the ability to summon a slightly less powerful Infiltrator dagger for 8 seconds with a cooldown of 30 seconds.
[Image: 189505127-b34a2f4f-af96-4183-b1fc-1475b251a5c1.png]
[Image: 189505135-cfeb19df-ee4d-41fd-9796-2cec8602a796.png]
[Image: 189505186-4d73898e-9676-4e59-b00a-17790117572c.png]
[Image: 189505188-0a498d90-ea45-46c4-a9ab-37e25560b31d.png]
The name's could use some work however, I'm iffy on them and open to change

Why's this needed?
The chaplain has very little in terms of unique antag items, aside from ones that lean more into RP aspects of the role than damage, it gives medbay a good reason to practice heart surgery, and syndicate knives are just a fun item to use.

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)Carsontheking
(+)Adds In a new antag item for chaplains!

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
I dont see an issue with it but it does seem a little underpowered imo
Yeah like Nano said it seems fine but I don't see it filling any huge niche. Maybe if it had a teeny bit longer stun than the syndicate dagger, making it a stun tool instead that's bound to yourself? Even then, any traitor item the chaplain gets will just get overshadowed by the Faustian Bargaining Kit, since that's what everyone plays chaplain for.

Maybe if it had a different effect from the syndi dagger stun, maybe inflicting some curse or something and disappearing when it hits someone, or maybe make it randomized and add a whole list of funny effects.
Crazy thought make it a 12tc item and for each kill you make with it you gain a power from the slasher antag.
I do like the idea of it getting more powerful with each kill. Could go all anime and have the dagger grow with each kill.
And make the buff with each kill be bound to the heart. So once someone cuts the heart out they see a glowing heart or something like that. Don't think the cost really need to increase that much anyway, maybe 7tc so it is in line with other rampager gear.

But i really like the base idae already.
(09-11-2022, 11:04 PM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: And make the buff with each kill be bound to the heart. So once someone cuts the heart out they see a glowing heart or something like that. Don't think the cost really need to increase that much anyway, maybe 7tc so it is in line with other rampager gear.

KA-LI-MAH!
(09-11-2022, 11:04 PM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: And make the buff with each kill be bound to the heart. So once someone cuts the heart out they see a glowing heart or something like that. Don't think the cost really need to increase that much anyway, maybe 7tc so it is in line with other rampager gear.

Do both!  Buff the weapon and buff the heart!
This sounds like a really fun item, it'd be cool to have some chaplain-exclusive tator items that are more overtly combat-focused