Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
diseases
what happened to them? i'm not talking about pathology, i'm talking about the diseases that would randomly occur. can we bring them back? i miss outbreaks of clownin' around.
No. Never.

They are worse than radstorms.
you're worse than radstorms
crasscrab Wrote:you're worse than radstorms
Yes. Fear me.

This is also irrelevant.
Rather than bringing back a barebones implementation of diseases, bring back Pathology pl0x.
Getting clowning around every once in awhile was fun as hell. Except when it happened every fucking round back on donut.
yeah im not asking for there to be some disease outbreak EVERY round. i just think it would be fun to mix things up by throwing in a small chance of a disease outbreak, maybe only new arrivals spawning with one especially in games that have gone on for too long
tbh, pathology could be introduced in a step-by-step basis, firstly by adding in the diseases as a random event, then pathology sometime after.
I'd like this to be the case, rather than bringing back that tired old clown disease where orange you glad I didn't say banana.
I like the "phase in approach"

You could tone down the diseases to be annoying but not destructive, saving the really awful stuff for traitors.

Slowly phase in better diseases as the doctors become more competent. (e.g like when surgery for bullets was introduced, we didn't have stapleguns and zipguns making the problem worse yet)

Eventually phase in pathology as a way to capture live diseases and make vaccinations that can be smoked/injected/consumed by everyone. Load a fire extinguisher full of vaccine and you now have a disease fighting approach.
I remember one round medical was hoarding spaceacilin because they were afraid of the disease that was running rampant (they'd given away most of it though), meanwhile a wall of staff assistants were gathered outside the medical booth demanding it and eventually broke in, robusted the doctors, and took the spaceacilin. Please bring diseases back.
Speaking of which, what exactly is the plan for pathology right now? How will it work, and will we get to see it before Cogstation 2 is complete?
Spy_Guy Wrote:No. Never.

you sir. you go to hell. Radstorms are the best.
hatmadder Wrote:
Spy_Guy Wrote:No. Never.

you sir. you go to hell. Radstorms are the best.

Rude.
I agree with you. mad

Why the hell would you want dull crap like diseases back when there's already amazing stuff like radstorms being left out??
QP Evergrande Wrote:Speaking of which, what exactly is the plan for pathology right now? How will it work, and will we get to see it before Cogstation 2 is complete?
From what I know, pathology is already coded in r4407 (or whatever the open old code is) and is required to be ported over to the new code. I know little about coding, so I can't say whether this would be an easy process or a nightmare.
Now that I've divulged that, can you tell me what you mean by cogstation 2? Is the map going to be reworked?
Sundance Wrote:Now that I've divulged that, can you tell me what you mean by cogstation 2? Is the map going to be reworked?

Yes. A very early mspaint drawing of an outline for "cogmap 2.0" was recently posted on the SA thread. If the current map is shaped like an upside-down G, this one would be more like a #. It has centrally located security, and the possibility of atmos returning. The good Doctor has said it's tentatively expected to be ready in 2-3 months, though obviously it could be quite a lot longer.