Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Traitor Item: Mimehack Implant
Can be bought by mime traitor if there ever is one.

They can implant someone, and after 5 seconds their victim will see everyone as a mime. 

Profit
God I want to know what you mean by "see everyone as a mime"; it sounds like a funny effect, although maybe not the best idea for a traitor item
To quote Animal House "Can I buy some pot from you?"
Id think it would be better if it force turned someone into a mime. As in full mime getup and can't talk.
Presumably everyone would look as if they were wearing mime clothing and had the monochrome mutation? And I suppose the person would not be able to hear people speak, since they think everyone is a mime.
(09-07-2022, 09:34 PM)zjdtmkhzt Wrote: Presumably everyone would look as if they were wearing mime clothing and had the monochrome mutation? And I suppose the person would not be able to hear people speak, since they think everyone is a mime.

Alternate item Clownhack. This but everyone is a clown with comic sans mutation.
(09-07-2022, 11:24 PM)DioChasek Wrote:
(09-07-2022, 09:34 PM)zjdtmkhzt Wrote: Presumably everyone would look as if they were wearing mime clothing and had the monochrome mutation? And I suppose the person would not be able to hear people speak, since they think everyone is a mime.

Alternate item Clownhack. This but everyone is a clown with comic sans mutation.

And if they got clown disbelieve they stop seeing anybody in general. Glorious!
(09-06-2022, 07:25 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: God I want to know what you mean by "see everyone as a mime"; it sounds like a funny effect, although maybe not the best idea for a traitor item

I had a few ideas for this, the simplest would be to replace everyone's player icons with generic mime ones.

My ideal, and more complex version would replace all clothing icons of other players with mime clothes. I'd imagine this being coded as such: don't render player clothing > overlay a generic image of full mime clothing over the naked player > win. If possible, on examine, it would appear that they are wearing mime clothes as well.

Additionally, it would be cool if the implanted player became deaf, instead seeing speech as the current scream emotes for muted players.

Double additionally, add "The Mime" to the end of player names.

I think this DOES hold value as a traitor item, just a very funny, very bad one. Like a mimey smoke bomb, where you can implant sec, and then move through the station in plain sight amidst your fellow mimes. You could also think of it as a reverse chameleon suit; Instead of disguising yourself you're disguising everyone else.

(09-07-2022, 06:47 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Id think it would be better if it force turned someone into a mime. As in full mime getup and can't talk.

I had considered this but it would be far too powerful.

One click on a sec officer, they lose all their armor + can't contact their team for help, then you have free reign to kill with other traitor items. Enjoy your brand new stun baton which you can use to take down all other sec because they can't communicate.

If you're in a mixed round you can instantly disable a wizard. 

Or if you are just going after a random person, like one of your targets, instantly prevent them from calling for help, steal their shit, flash and stun them, throw into space.

There's just no good counter for implants, so it'd be too much. Maybe if it didn't mute other players, but then it'd be kinda useless.
I mean you can already one click destroy sec with many traitor items. It is what it is.