Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Split midround antags
A lot of people have some issues with the midround system, I'm not here to talk about that as a whole cause I don't have a whole opinion yet, but there's one thing that's bugging me.

Currently if you roll a midround, you'll get anything from the list. It feels often there won't be a midround until 40+ minutes into the shift when the shuttle has been called, and it'll be a blob, or flock or a wraith etc.

I'd like it if for example, blob flock and wraith were split from the rest into a one time special midround roll that happens as the first one. This would ensure you have time to act on your slow build up as antags such as this, and that you could get out and fight immediately if you're spawned as a human antag late into the shift.

I do think there's an argument to be made that getting those antags late into the shift is good for practice, as you can spawn where nobody will go for you and just figure out the controls.
I can see antags like blobs, wraiths and flock being bad for mid round.

As they take MUCH LONGER to get things started.....
Aaaaand.. if other antags did alot of damage already. It's just not as fun for them or the crew.

Also most antagonist practice happens in the VR murder box like Wizard, Werewolf, wrestler, nukies, traitor/spy's.
You can get all the tools and see how much damage they do in it or pvp with another player as them.

But wraith, blob and flock have no practice area.
i don't have much to say except iirc the reason they show up so late is it depends on how many antags are alive. I've got midround at minute 18 before after a massacre.