Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A change to oshan: seawater
so as it exists now, oshan's ocean is just...water. regular plain old drinking water indistinguishable from what you will find in the station's sinks, etc. 

i think a fun change would be to change the water outside of oshan into seawater. seawater is bad to drink for obvious reasons, more corrosive than regular water. make the ocean a bit more dangerous and inhospitable!
It'd be sick if there was also trace amounts of sewage because there's no way the oceans of SS13 aren't polluted as shit. +1!
Add 0.01% chance of getting a random chem into your system from drinking it,
Heck even running around in it without a diving suit might give you random poison damage/chem effects.

That makes diving suits more needed then just "If you are in the trench"
iirc this was initially the plan for oshan however two issues arose 1. If you just have the ocean be salt + water you mess with wraiths massively and 2. If you have it be its own chem then having it do the reactions youd expect water/salt to do becomes a pain.
A much Simpler idea is to make it so that you start taking damage if your body is filled with water, AKA Water poisoning, its a real thing.
you would need to have over 300 units worth before it effected you negatively and maybe make it a medical condition.
I'd be for making sea water, honestly. Make it have some different applications and mechanics, maybe dehydrating or causing blurry vision, etc. The big issue is probably you'd have to include it in the fluorosulfactant purge list, since I know that is used commonly by players and admins when the pooling is starting to negatively affect performance
Maybe the pressure of the outside could damage you if you went out without a suit