Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Add NT-specific Gimmick Roles to the CoC Wiki Page
Nanotrasen-specific gimmick roles like Inspector, CEO, and Board Member do not currently have a place on the AI's Guide to CoC Wiki Page, and their own specific guides (Inspector and VIP) list 'None' for Supervisors and Subordinates, making the question of their placement in CoC on the station somewhat pertinent, albeit rarely (seemingly, I am still relatively new with ~90 hours) problematic. Because their ability to function as antag is especially rare (as late-join-only jobs) they are generally inclined towards the positive or at least neutral end of the spectrum of behaviour towards the facility and its crew. Therefore, it is entirely possible that they may act to aid the crew against threats or suspicious activity. This is furthered by their access to Command channels and their job working for Nanotrasen directly at standard or high levels.

Both mentorhelp and adminhelp confirmed that, at the very least, Inspector should be considered to be on the CoC at the level of Command but below Captain, HoS, and HoP.

I personally agree with this, and think they should reside equal to CE, RD, and MD with respect to how these positions are defined on the 'AI's Guide to the Chain of Command' wiki page. These NT-roles would be considered at the lowest echelon of Command and overruled by department Heads when interacting with station-specific departments, but would still be higher ranking than the average crew member, and thus afforded basic privilege and/or support when trying to carry out their jobs or go the extra mile to help the crew from Silicons and anyone who would reference the CoC.
I would definitely like for it to be clarified where those roles sit.
Because man, do those roles love to breeze in and start ordering around horrible crap and random firings and such.

For sanity's sake, I've more or less been holding to the rule of thumb that the Captain is be all, end-all where the buck stops on the station. If the board wants to fire them, or has issues, they can do it in a board room, not on a research station being attacked by syndicate flesh monster wrestlers.

But it would be nice if that was all spelled out clearly somewhere.
Captain has highest command, even if the owner of NT comes by for safety protocols, the captain will be one the one in charge despite everything.

See it as a command clause. It doesn't matter if the space gods themselves descent down, the captain remains in charge of everything cause... what if the space god is a syndicate sympathizer and against capitialism!!?
Can't have that...
Or if it was just an elaborate syndicate plot.

Ergo.. the captain has highest command no matter the situation. Be it good or bad. Sure if Space God does come down and is for NT but the captain says: EXECUTE THEM FOR HERESY! ..Well so be it.. end of the universe done because of NT policy.
below station heads, lowest members of command imo

and very easy to fire if necessary