Complaint Banned for 1 for using the word "cunt"
Admin: grifflez

Server: Goon1

Date + time: 2022-08-30 13:21 UTC

Synopsis: Ive been playing on a round on Goon1 and i was flying in space. I found a shuttle or something like that that was abandoned and hat space mice on it. I got bitten and had i ran to medbay.

While i was getting treated, a random doc or smt injected me with mutliple tranquilizers without my permission, which is from what i read on rules, griefing. The doc had also shot me with live rounds i think since my health went down significantly. I had called the doc a cunt which is from definition on google either an extremely vulgar slang (not the insult i meant) or the diffrent definition: "a stupid or unpleasent person" which was the version i was using.

I find it stupid to give me a 1 day ban over an insult, its not like i destroyed the docs entire ego or murdered his fucking family. His feelings cant be hurt that fucking bad, unless of course hes a 5 year old.

Also for the record i dont think grifflez actually asked the doc "OMG WERE YOU OFFENDED BY THAT BIGOTED RACIST SEXIST ASSHOLE?1!?!?!?!?", nor did he make any attempt to talk to me per AHelp. The ban just happend just like that.

Not once have i seen someone call someone a cunt to offend them, more like as a replacement word for jerk. The admins at this point are just offended FOR a group of people without even talking to them.

Also i read this on an website for the definition " The word is a little more accepted in England as a term for a jerk, but in the U.S., you'll rarely hear this word because it is considered obscene and extremely offensive to women.". Im not american. Ive never been there plus English, not american culture influences my country more.

PS: Just beccause youre american, does not mean the rest of the people playing on your server are aswell.

Logs: "Reason: stop using the word cunt here."
Extra information: None.
We have a specific rule that mentions not calling people 'Cunt'.

You have a prior warning about calling people 'Cunt'.

You did not heed that warning and were given a 24 hour ban. You don't get a special exemption from the rule for... Whatever reasons you're trying to give in this complaint.

When you break the rules multiple times, you get a short ban. Watch what you type in the future and that won't happen.
(08-30-2022, 05:59 AM)Grifflez Wrote: We have a specific rule that mentions not calling people 'Cunt'.

You have a prior warning about calling people 'Cunt'.

You did not heed that warning and were given a 24 hour ban. You don't get a special exemption from the rule for... Whatever reasons you're trying to give in this complaint.

When you break the rules multiple times, you get a short ban. Watch what you type in the future and that won't happen.

I often call people cunt because is it one of my go to insults if theyre being an ass, second one being idiot or dick. Cunt around here means "jerk". Not that anyone of authority would know that because of course because americans have a shit ton of meanings for the same kind of words. 

You got offended for a word which has 2 meanings. You could have atleast asked me which one i was using.

Also im not going to change my entire vocabulary because "ooga booga cunt mean bad over here in gun land you cant play our game because you use word which bad here, you have to embrace entirely diffrent culture to play our game!!11!"

Off topic, but am i the only one thinking that this is a flawed system? I mean the admins that game ban you, are also the admins that check your appeals? Not very good system if you ask me because the admin will always have their own opinions and disagree with you, and you cant do anything about it.
Hi, another admin here. Our rules are simple, you either follow them or you don't. If you don't you get punished.

We're not here to discuss whatever dumb details about why you should be allowed to say a gendered insult that is clearly listed in our rules as not allowed.

I'm closing this thread.