Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When you play a gimmick AI...
When you play a normal AI, no one really bothers you but for a few requests.
You report things and mostly get responds or fix it yourself. Life is good...
But... abit boring playing a straight faced AI.. so next time...

You decide to play an AI with a gimmick to it.
Like talking in a weird tone.
Having errors.
Assisting the clown in a harmless prank that causes 0 human harm.

And then.. you hear it:
"AI can you get this door?"
You look for them but they aren't on camera's....you tell them that and then they utter the words.
"AI ROGUE!"
....The captain barges in and checks your laws. Then confirms you aren't rogue, just abit odd.

But now every time you get a request and you are unable to fufill it, those magical words come into play:
"AI ROGUE"
And it's always a player trying to break into areas they can't.

No seriously this happens everytime I play a gimmick AI like NT Customer Support.
Where I "politely" tell people to do their job acording to the contract and wavers.

Or if I play an AI with abit of a mafia accent.

Or if I play an AI who's programming is driven for maximum profit.

Yet everytime I do this someone goes AI rogue or the captain checks if I been rogued.
Also...
When you gimmick AI that's when everyone suddenly needs you to do something, but when you are a straight faced AI you are hardly needed.
So yea...

So what about you my fellow AI players? What happens when you play an AI with a gimmick?
Playing an AI with a personality? Madness!
I would never do something so crazy!

...Though I will totally happily point out to people that nothing in my laws prevents crime, forces me to report crime, nor actually block me from letting people into places...

I tend to get more AI ROGUE calls not from action, but from inaction. I'm trying to direct sec to catch a murderer? Or deployed and patching a gaping hole in medbay? And not able to pay much attention to random crap on the general comms?
AI LAW 2 OPEN I WANT TO FIND THE JANITOR
AI LAW 2 WHERE IS THE JANITOR?
AI I SAID LAW 2 OPEN
SOMEONE CHECK THE AI
(08-30-2022, 11:00 PM)Love Wrote: Playing an AI with a personality? Madness!
I would never do something so crazy!

...Though I will totally happily point out to people that nothing in my laws prevents crime, forces me to report crime, nor actually block me from letting people into places...

I tend to get more AI ROGUE calls not from action, but from inaction. I'm trying to direct sec to catch a murderer? Or deployed and patching a gaping hole in medbay? And not able to pay much attention to random crap on the general comms?
AI LAW 2 OPEN I WANT TO FIND THE JANITOR
AI LAW 2 WHERE IS THE JANITOR?
AI I SAID LAW 2 OPEN
SOMEONE CHECK THE AI

Ironically, if you don't open the janitor closet for that reason...that's a good thing. They don't have acces or a reason to.
The AI technically shouldn't open up even for the detective if they don't have access unless someone with access approves it.

But yea.. more often then not, inactions despite being justified gets you called ROGUED. Heck telling someone "TOUGH LUCK" is enough for people to say "AI ROGUE"
While I am litterly saying: "Tough luck, you don't have access"

Also I like your AI plays. So entertaining, never had a problem with you in any shift.