Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Slug genetics/species
Slug Species

A fairly slow species in which your blood is a hemolyph and, while walking, leaves a trail green goopy that acts as a cleaner and disappears overtime.

CONS:

-Can't get the "Athletic" trait

-Has a slower walking/sprinting speed

-Salt is like a energy gun shot to the slug

-Thermal damage (Especially fire) will deal more damage and dry you out

(In RP)

-Hunger drains faster

-Dehydration will damage you overtime

-Hygiene drains faster

-Cleaning yourself or taking a bath heals thirsty
PROS:

+Can break out of pins and grabs much easier than normal

+Has a higher stamina and any action that drains stamina drains much less

+Slugs are immune to telepathy and most brain related issues
I like that. This species will also make wraith rounds more interesting.

I would just give them hemolyph as blood, like roachpeople. It's already a kinda rare chem anyway and fits slug people as well.

The trail of substance would probably not be the best idea. People slipping around could also be borderline grief by just picking the species. Also, it would get odd with calculation if they begin to enlarge puddles of chems.
(08-29-2022, 07:44 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: I like that. This species will also make wraith rounds more interesting.

I would just give them hemolyph as blood, like roachpeople. It's already a kinda rare chem anyway and fits slug people as well.

The trail of substance would probably not be the best idea. People slipping around could also be borderline grief by just picking the species. Also, it would get odd with calculation if they begin to enlarge puddles of chems.

Makes sense, i didn't think about the hemolyph being slug blood too but it suits well.

The trail would be more of a decoration than anything else so removing it wouldnt be a problem

I also had some ideas for how the slug speaks, i will add it now
They should be immune to telepathy by default
(08-29-2022, 12:56 PM)Ikea Wrote: They should be immune to telepathy by default

True, good idea (By the way, any good suggestion will be added to the main post).
I'm sorry for reviving this thread again but maybe to compensate the brain damage thingy the slug has weaker organs or smth
Just an idea but maybe have them break out of pins and grabs easier because of their slimy exterior
It is interesting! I would suggest removing the 2-second delay on speech though. I feel like that might just feel tedious and bothersome and isn't much of a drawback for the people talking to the slug or from the slug's perspective. Especially if it is just a flat-out delay, just sounds like it might be a bit of a time waste and feel less like a silly downside or flavor. I do like the idea of them being harder to grab as well. that was stated in a previous comment. Being immune to brain damage does interest me, if for no other reason than brain damage normally being what kills someone in crit if I recall. Not sure how that would work exactly. I think the way oxygen damage even gets you killed is through brain damage, which is why crit kills you in the end? Not sure Anyway, I also think increased damage from thermal damage makes sense! Fire drys out the slug, and cold dries it out? maybe just fire effects on them specifically are bad.

It is a shame you couldn't like, make them have a power similar to the way the janitor cleaning car works haha.
(09-08-2022, 05:14 PM)NanoDano Wrote: Just an idea but maybe have them break out of pins and grabs easier because of their slimy exterior
That could be a good idea

(09-25-2022, 02:58 PM)Scaltra Wrote: It is interesting! I would suggest removing the 2-second delay on speech though. I feel like that might just feel tedious and bothersome and isn't much of a drawback for the people talking to the slug or from the slug's perspective. Especially if it is just a flat-out delay, just sounds like it might be a bit of a time waste and feel less like a silly downside or flavor.  I do like the idea of them being harder to grab as well. that was stated in a previous comment. Being immune to brain damage does interest me, if for no other reason than brain damage normally being what kills someone in crit if I recall. Not sure how that would work exactly. I think the way oxygen damage even gets you killed is through brain damage, which is why crit kills you in the end? Not sure Anyway, I also think increased damage from thermal damage makes sense! Fire drys out the slug, and cold dries it out? maybe just fire effects on them specifically are bad.

It is a shame you couldn't like, make them have a power similar to the way the janitor cleaning car works haha.
Adding a trail that cleans instead of being a grief machine is a very good idea, but about the brain damage, i'm not sure as well, making oxg and burn damage being a substitute for brain damage would defeat the whole purpose of even removing brain damage in the first place, so yea, maybe its just better letting thermal damage be dangerous to the slug in general.
(10-12-2022, 08:05 AM)CraftForumAccount Wrote:
(09-08-2022, 05:14 PM)NanoDano Wrote: Just an idea but maybe have them break out of pins and grabs easier because of their slimy exterior

(09-25-2022, 02:58 PM)Scaltra Wrote: It is interesting! I would suggest removing the 2-second delay on speech though. I feel like that might just feel tedious and bothersome and isn't much of a drawback for the people talking to the slug or from the slug's perspective. Especially if it is just a flat-out delay, just sounds like it might be a bit of a time waste and feel less like a silly downside or flavor.  I do like the idea of them being harder to grab as well. that was stated in a previous comment. Being immune to brain damage does interest me, if for no other reason than brain damage normally being what kills someone in crit if I recall. Not sure how that would work exactly. I think the way oxygen damage even gets you killed is through brain damage, which is why crit kills you in the end? Not sure Anyway, I also think increased damage from thermal damage makes sense! Fire drys out the slug, and cold dries it out? maybe just fire effects on them specifically are bad.

Adding a trail that cleans instead of being a grief machine is a very good idea, but about the brain damage, i'm not sure as well, making oxg and burn damage being a substitute for brain damage would defeat the whole purpose of even removing brain damage in the first place, so yea, maybe its just better letting thermal damage be dangerous to the slug in general.

Cleaning car trails are a super good idea, combine it with lowering hygiene while you're at it and it's super balanced. Additionally, I would almost recommend that showering/cleaning also restores thirst, because they would literally rehydrate. Love the salt flavor of taking burn damage, I don't think I'd mess with OXY damage at all or improve vision seems like it'll start overcomplicating the race while adding generic stuff. Breaking out of stuns is a cool idea, especially since they're so slow they can't really run away after anyway.
(10-12-2022, 03:24 PM)Glamurio Wrote:
(10-12-2022, 08:05 AM)CraftForumAccount Wrote:

Cleaning car trails are a super good idea, combine it with lowering hygiene while you're at it and it's super balanced. Additionally, I would almost recommend that showering/cleaning also restores thirst, because they would literally rehydrate. Love the salt flavor of taking burn damage, I don't think I'd mess with OXY damage at all or improve vision seems like it'll start overcomplicating the race while adding generic stuff. Breaking out of stuns is a cool idea, especially since they're so slow they can't really run away after anyway.
Added it!