Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Observers and Inventory viewing
When observing a player as a ghost, a players DNR status should determine their viewing of a players inventory beyond anything a simple alt click would reveal.

Without DNR, a Player should not be able to see items in pockets, open containers (backpacks, belts, boxes), or anything obscured (ie Sunnies behind a gas mask).

This would also apply to Icons such as vampires, changeling, and wrestler icons.

Currently the potential knowledge you can gain from being dead for 2 minutes and waiting to be cloned is very easy to abuse(if someone were to be in such a mindset). Short of locking dead players into their corpses until DNR is set, this seems like a fairly decent middle ground.

Also, questionably, a seperate ghost chat for players with DNR set and players without. This would allow players who just wish to observe the round to talk about potentially revealing information and share such without fear of spoling information for anyone just on a short visit in the afterlife.
I assume this is talking about Classic yeah? Because i believe in RP its against the rules to use annything you've learned as a Ghost back when you get cloned.
Nah, there's no rule preventing using ghost information on RP.

The only rule that seems applicable is part of rule 3:
Conversely, acting on any information obtained using solely in-game mechanics (yes, deadchat counts) is explicitly NOT metagaming with very few exceptions

It might be seen as tacky, on RP. People will probably ignore your BS knowledge. But it isn't against the rules as written.

Some might say the RP rule 5 applies:
Do not use out of game information in game. Only use in-game information; the things your character can perceive or could know. While we have no hard rule on what a character can and cannot know, be reasonable about your character’s knowledge and capabilities. Do not call out antagonists based on information that is only obvious as a player. For example, the drowsiness effects on your screen are not a good in-character basis to call out a changeling. The debris and adventure zones are for enhancing roleplay. Rushing through them for the sake of items alone is prohibited. It is reasonable for the crew to assume people with syndicate gear such as red space suits are antagonists.

But I don't really think so. Ghosts are a real, actual, factual part of the in-game world. You can interact with them. They have effects on the world with chairspinning and boards. You can see them with ecto eyes or certain drinks. The AI is one, sorta. Ghost drones obviously exist.

(Plus, I love talking to the ghosts farting on people when I'm the AI)

People have a lot of made up rules about a lot of things. And one of the big ones is what your clone or post-mindhack victim remembers. It's all personal preference.

But man, would it be lame to call out an antag like that.
Dead chat and ghost knowledge is considered OOC. Do not use stuff learned as a ghost to affect the round after being cloned or respawned, etc on the RP server.

While ghosts and souls are a part of the in game lore and world, once you are a ghost you are no longer playing as "your character", you're observing the round as yourself, the player.
(08-31-2022, 10:24 AM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: Dead chat and ghost knowledge is considered OOC. Do not use stuff learned as a ghost to affect the round after being cloned or respawned, etc on the RP server.

While ghosts and souls are a part of the in game lore and world,  once you are a ghost you are no longer playing as "your character", you're observing the round as yourself,  the player.

I thought this as well, but I didn't wanna add misinformation.
Thanks for that reminder!