Head of Security Application - Terry Jerry
Usual character name: Terry Jerry
BYOND username: Thimble01
Discord username (if you are on our discord): thimble#9415

Recommended by (if applicable):
Goon servers you play: 3

Reason for application: I really enjoy playing security, but sometimes there lacks a figurehead. Someone to lead the team, that takes a big hit on moral if people are just sitting around not knowing what to do. They are more than someone whose boots make a noise and has that funky gun. It is a leader. Someone to create order out of chaos. A person to help teach people who have never played security before and get them to grips with the basics. Someone who can Roleplay well and be fun, whilst being assertive. I may not be the perfect fit, but I would like to think that I am ready for this role.

Security experience (300 word minimum): Recently, I have been playing security a lot more, and found it very fun. I used to mainly play Captain and try to be the Head of Security that there never was in the round. But, when I played security assistant that one time, I had so much fun. Just how friendly and nice everyone was made me want to be that person. To help people that have no clue what to do, be their mentor and assist them as necessary. Being a member of the security team and helping people thus far has been incredibly enjoyable. Rounds can be incredibly difficult sometimes, and that can be overwhelming for fellow security. Especially that one time where there was 2 arcfiends. Being security has taught me many valuable skills, for the game and for life. How to cope with stress and anger and not to take it out on people because that just isn't nice. Being there for people and helping them out when necessary and not barging and doing it for them when they take too long (because that just makes you seem like an ass). Just generally being helpful and not annoying and being fun and not a chore to be around. Playing security can feel like a brick to the noggin sometimes, and that can feel daunting at first. Sometimes you just have to take a breather and remember that in the end, it does not matter what you do this round, or the next (unless you were rule breaking!). I figured out relatively quickly what the correct brig times were, if it's a ticket or a fine all the Security Officer stuff. It has helped me to become much more patient with assistants as it is not their fault they don't know! (not like I was going out of my way to be rude of disrespectful with them in the first place!)
Answer two or more of the following: 
  • What advice would you give to other sec players? Keep in contact more! I like to ask how people are over the radio and most of the time people don't say a word. It doesn't bother me that much but it just gets me thinking 'huh'. You have fellow members of security! It is absolutely fine to radio for help or how long you should brig someone or just a general 'Hello' can be very nice sometimes! You have people there to help, a one man army may have courage, but not a lot of wit. Don't go fight a changeling one-on-one, that is just a bit silly.
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one) This round was quite recent, so I remember it quite well. The bar's new bouncer came up to me and asked if he could have a stun baton. I obliged and scanned mine in mechanics. The CE was there and they locked it down right after it. The bouncer got the bat, happy. Then; reports of Miners, Quartermasters and Engineers having the stun bat. I was like ' Uh oh, that may have been my fault...' . When we heard that, I whipped out the morphine auto-injectors and offered one to a fellow officer to ease the pain. Soon after, the captain made an announcement to hand in all bats to security, apart from a dog. Most obliged, others... not so much. A miner flew into space and I did not see them again until the shuttle. Another miner came up to me when I was going to Medbay to get healed up and flexed their stun bat to me, quick turn on, then off. The shuttle came and I just sat there, drinking some coffee. That shift was very fun, even if chaotic.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
    Bees are love, bees are life. Wasps hurt, like a knife. Make you cry, almost die. I love bees.  bee

What is a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run? I thought about this question for a long time and I have come up with body guards for most if not all of the high-ranking officials. Captain, HoP, CE, MD, RD etc. And even the gimmick roles, all the variations of the VIP and the Ambassador.
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): I have not been banned or had any warning, to my knowledge. 
Thanks for taking your time to read this, have a good day!