Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cyborg ease-of-life idea
Make the upgrades controllable via verbs.

Right now, if I want to toggle an upgrade as a borg, I need to open my module window, scroll down and click a button, then close the window again. This is pretty fiddly for upgrades that I may only want to keep on for a short moment (speed upgrade comes to mind).
Would it be possible to make this tied to verbs in the robot commands tab instead?

In that case, instead of having to fiddle with the module window I can click "Toggle speed upgrade" or "use teleport upgrade" as required, for instance.
This would be excellent if they had icons in the top corner that you could activate them with, like the jet pack does.
i like the icon idea

makes everything simpler and less clicky
This is pretty much the same but simpler to implement than what I suggested over here
So hopefully this gets done and great hassle will be avoided forever and ever.
[Image: 9913o9S.png]

Waiting for $coder to want to fight BYOND's ui code again.
Hopefully making them into verbs as I suggested would not require someone to wrestle with the UI code, and it would still be a great step up from what we have today.
Clarks Wrote:[Image: 9913o9S.png]

Waiting for $coder to want to fight BYOND's ui code again.

I've wanted this basically forever, but yeah UI code is an abyssal nightmare.
ISaidNo Wrote:I've wanted this basically forever, but yeah UI code is an abyssal nightmare.

How difficult would it be to add upgrade controls to the Robot Commands tab, just like Show Laws and Show Alerts?