Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Add Mutadone to Public Mini Meds
Mutadone should be available for purchase from public mini meds. Playing medical doctor and constantly getting asked for mutadone pills quickly gets annoying - especially when medbay is filled to the brim with dying patients. Many patients come in for the mutadone and nothing but, which can often result in unnecessary bodies idling in the way of doctors while they wait for a pill.
Allowing people to dispense themselves it via public mini meds could make both doctors and patients lives easier, as they would not have to stand around in medbay as they wait around for a single pill.
a qol increase that we can all believe in
I can get behind this.
I think EMTs should be able to get this stuff easily.
Their job is to stablilize someone on the work floor to get em to medbay if it's serious, but if not, cure em right there.

Mutadone is so minor, I don't see why not.
Less serious cases in Medbay, the more medbay can treat serious patients.
Make it a lower dose pill, 5u or so. That's enough to remove a bad roundstart mutation but doesn't nuke your entire gene library like the 20u ones.

what if we made it expensive-ish though, like 500c or something. That would mean you'd have to live with the bad thing at least a little while until money comes in
I'm sure it's different on classic, but the public medical vendor rarely gets much mileage on RP from what I've seen. I'm never bothered by people rolling up to medbay asking for a mutadone because it just adds to having another patient interaction, which can be in short supply on some shifts. If they want the option to purchase it themselves then that's cool too.

I really like BatElite's suggestion: have it be a low dose with a pricey cost attached.
(08-30-2022, 03:17 AM)BatElite Wrote: Make it a lower dose pill, 5u or so. That's enough to remove a bad roundstart mutation but doesn't nuke your entire gene library like the 20u ones.

what if we made it expensive-ish though, like 500c or something. That would mean you'd have to live with the bad thing at least a little while until money comes in
lowkey wish we just removed drunk and radioative from the mildly mutated pool, but made any roundstart mutations from mildly mutated reinforced instead

Yall wanna gamble, live with the consequences (but dont brick rounds with the awful shite)
(08-30-2022, 07:50 AM)NOOT Wrote:
(08-30-2022, 03:17 AM)BatElite Wrote: Make it a lower dose pill, 5u or so. That's enough to remove a bad roundstart mutation but doesn't nuke your entire gene library like the 20u ones.

lowkey wish we just removed drunk and radioative from the mildly mutated pool, but made any roundstart mutations from mildly mutated reinforced instead

Yall wanna gamble, live with the consequences (but dont brick rounds with the awful shite)

I love that idea!
(08-30-2022, 07:50 AM)NOOT Wrote:

+10,000,000

This is honestly a great idea.
The trait then isn't just 'go get pill, lol'.

And also, people coming in radiated is silly.
Did they, like, not notice while drinking coffee on the way to the station, that they were rapidly melting into radioactive goo?
Aw, but I really enjoy being drunk from roundstart sometimes...
Honestly I'd prefer it if just radioactive were removed. You can still get reinforced mutations removed at genetics (eventually), and you can get things like cyberlivers or copious amounts of charcoal to deal with drunkenness.
We could also go the route of making these mutations like some other traits, in that they would not even be removable via genetics, that is an option, if we really wanted to rub it in.
(08-28-2022, 03:05 AM)JulyJade Wrote: Mutadone should be available for purchase from public mini meds. Playing medical doctor and constantly getting asked for mutadone pills quickly gets annoying - especially when medbay is filled to the brim with dying patients. Many patients come in for the mutadone and nothing but, which can often result in unnecessary bodies idling in the way of doctors while they wait for a pill.
Allowing people to dispense themselves it via public mini meds could make both doctors and patients lives easier, as they would not have to stand around in medbay as they wait around for a single pill.

Always in favor of being able to treat minor stuff, for a cost  a fancy greater domestic space-bee