Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Backpack Searching
A useful feature for Security and related things would be the ability to just quickly search someone's backpack compared to having to fully take it off for processing when actually using the brig. Emptying someone's pockets/backpack is annoying and the ability to just quickly frisk through and maybe see what size components are in would be neat.
Hmm, that could be interesting. Or perhaps a handheld scanner for security that lets them see what's in it.
A luggage checker of sorts, hah.
maybe a feature of the security hud
Alternatively, it could be a security app for the PDA.
(08-27-2022, 08:05 AM)Petey Wrote: Alternatively, it could be a security app for the PDA.

true, so when examining a backpack with the security hud glasses, implant or eyes, all items inside it appear. Alternatively, if using the sec pda or any pda with the scanner function, all items inside the backpack appear on screen
(08-27-2022, 07:56 AM)kyle2143 Wrote: Hmm, that could be interesting. Or perhaps a handheld scanner for security that lets them see what's in it.

The idea I had was that it shouldn't be perfect information to allow prison breaks to have a chance of happening still, but it would give the ability to quickly process people going into the brig so it's less awful to use in the first place. Also maybe automatically set someone released via their sentence being fulfilled as released so that beepsky won't still go after them if they're still set to arrest due to forgetful officers.
(08-27-2022, 08:09 AM)ChaseSP Wrote: The idea I had was that it shouldn't be perfect information to allow prison breaks to have a chance of happening still, but it would give the ability to quickly process people going into the brig so it's less awful to use in the first place. Also maybe automatically set someone released via their sentence being fulfilled as released so that beepsky won't still go after them if they're still set to arrest due to forgetful officers.

Such as not being able to view the items of a box inside the backpack?
(08-27-2022, 07:56 AM)kyle2143 Wrote: Hmm, that could be interesting. Or perhaps a handheld scanner for security that lets them see what's in it.

No handheld scanners for that please. Would cause valid hunting on alot of antags. I am fine with fingerprint scanners as there is a way to block it or obsecure it.
But with backpack scanners you can see security constantly scanning everyone and putting up checkpoints to scan bag contents to avoid a bombing. (While hilarious to make a customs, if it becomes normal alot of antags will be unable to sneak gear in)

I am not against a device to "search" the arrestee.
We got security gates telling us if someone may be carrying contraband so why not a full on body scanner that scans all contents of a player insted and shows it on a screen?
After all most searches happen after being arrested and brought to the brig/security. So having a device there just speeds up the progress from "contraband check" to being brigged. Better for everyone.

Just no handhelds please... it will start some extreme valid hunting where Revs, Traitors, Spy/thieves, Nukies, undercover wizards cannot CARRY their stuff around out of sight since a security officer is harrasing them for a "Randomly selected scan"
But if it stationary in security? Now it's A-okay!
(08-27-2022, 08:15 AM)Kotlol Wrote: No handheld scanners for that please. Would cause valid hunting on alot of antags. I am fine with fingerprint scanners as there is a way to block it or obsecure it.
But with backpack scanners you can see security constantly scanning everyone and putting up checkpoints to scan bag contents to avoid a bombing. (While hilarious to make a customs, if it becomes normal alot of antags will be unable to sneak gear in)

We got security gates telling us if someone may be carrying contraband so why not a full on body scanner that scans all contents of a player insted and shows it on a screen?
After all most searches happen after being arrested and brought to the brig/security. So having a device there just speeds up the progress from "contraband check" to being brigged. Better for everyone.

Just no handhelds please... it will start some extreme valid hunting where Revs, Traitors, Spy/thieves, Nukies, undercover wizards cannot CARRY their stuff around out of sight since a security officer is harrasing them for a "Randomly selected scan"

Thats where the security hud/pda comes in.
(08-27-2022, 08:17 AM)CraftForumAccount Wrote:
(08-27-2022, 08:15 AM)Kotlol Wrote: No handheld scanners for that please. Would cause valid hunting on alot of antags. I am fine with fingerprint scanners as there is a way to block it or obsecure it.

That's still remote and something all security can do. Also to examine a backpack you have to pull it off someone and then press examine, by then you already took the longest step of searching a back pack...
Keeping it as an easy to "step in device" "press button" and "see results" is better for everyone then examining as that requires taking off the backpack...
And if you remove the step of taking off.. that means it will start valid hunting.

If we want a "scan backpack feature" keep it inside the security ring, do not give security any reason to "randomly scan backpacks"
(08-27-2022, 08:29 AM)Kotlol Wrote:
(08-27-2022, 08:17 AM)CraftForumAccount Wrote:

That's still remote and something all security can do. Also to examine a backpack you have to pull it off someone and then press examine, by then you already took the longest step of searching a back pack...
Keeping it as an easy to "step in device" "press button" and "see results" is better for everyone then examining as that requires taking off the backpack...
And if you remove the step of taking off.. that means it will start valid hunting.

If we want a "scan backpack feature" keep it inside the security ring, do not give security any reason to "randomly scan backpacks"

So what would be your fix to that?
(08-27-2022, 08:33 AM)Someone who doesn't read previous posts Wrote: So what would be your fix to that?

>_>' seriously dude? I said in my previous post for a SCANNER DEVICE inside the SECURITY WING that is STATIONARY and if you put a suspect in it. You PRESS A BUTTON! And it prints the results what's in the suspects bags/belt.

And then you can throw in the brig or remove the contraband.
(08-27-2022, 08:36 AM)Funni name changing Wrote: >_>' seriously dude? I said in my previous post for a SCANNER DEVICE inside the SECURITY WING that is STATIONARY and if you put a suspect in it. You PRESS A BUTTON! And it prints the results what's in the suspects bags/belt.

And then you can throw in the brig or remove the contraband.

Sorry that I didn't pay attention to your previous post (more than 4 lines= fast reading), but your solution is basically less efficient than taking off someone's backpack and seeing it. Like, if i need to see if someone has contraband NOW, i wouldn't lose time taking him to sec and into your xray device.

It's better to add a portable scanner that has a cooldown than adding a new device in sec that is basically useless.
Feel like the stationary security scanner has merit, actually. It doesn't really affect balance at all because if someone is getting put into it in the middle of sec, they're definitely already apprehended, so it's just a total boon to improving the notoriously annoying/bad brig processing experience. Less work for security, prisoners get in/out faster, everyone wins without it rocking the boat and getting nerfed to uselessness.