HoS application
Usual character name: Cooooo OOOO Ooool man
BYOND username: Grimgerg 
Discord username (if you are on our discord): 
Recommended by (if applicable):
Goon servers you play:  Goonstation[b] 1 Classic: Heisenbee[/b]

Reason for application:
I seen the not too often when i'm playing sec HoS is not being played or filled by anyone for several rounds, So I decided that to try and fill that role as a regular sec officer because at the time I was the only one on as a sec officer; the cap, ai and the rest of sec that joined later through a hissy fit and got mad I broke into the HoS officer, then I started doing research to find out how to actually become Hos and that leads us up to now, I notice that sec sometimes it vary uncoordinated and tends to get blown up; once this happens sec falls apart fast, with leadership from someone sec could be united with their leader fighting on the front lines and making split second decisions.

Security experience (300 word minimum):
over my entire ss13 career Sec is one of my favorite off jobs I like to play every so often or on streaks of just, sec needs leadership, their has been way to many times I have been grabbed by some sort of antag only to use my sec alert and not be answered then shortly after killed or get all my stuff stolen by an assistant after being stunned with my own baton. as sec I work with the crew, not just sec; if I see an assistant going after the wrestler or vampire ect... I don't freak out that they made a zip gun or slam gun, I give them covering fire and use the help hand when they are downed, after all we are in this together if its contraband to help its contraband I'm willing to overlook for the grater good of the station. Sec is meant to be just as fun as the rest of the jobs people look up to you as an authority figure as sec, you cant let the power of easily accessible weapons get to your head as sec you serve and protect the station from external threats that could harm the people of the station. I like being the front line between the station and the people that wish to destroy what we try to protect. when it comes to antags I like to give second chances if I catch someone once ill usually let you keep any loot they have and pda, unless its something like the caps ID, I like second chances I have lost count on how many times the ai or kind sec officer has given me a second chance as a changeling or vampire, its only right I try to give others the fun I was given when I was in the same situation. as sec i dont just go guns blazing to every situation, a most resent example of this was a bartender and a botanist where having trouble with each other; one trying to beat the other for lotting a dead body behind the bar, and the other trying to get revenge, so I had them talk it out in the interrogation room having them come to an understanding rather then just arresting one over the other.
Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    don't be afraid to ask for help from other crewmates other then sec, most people on this server is friendly and like sec, but don't get isolated, make sure your in a group when asking you never know who is a traitor or not and if all else fails try radio or your sec alert although sometimes they can be unreliable. 
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
    It was a normal day on Goonstation, getting myself some drinks from the bar, or asking the clown where he got his space lube form; then boom we see a Macho man destroying people turning them into slim jims, sec put up a grate fight, we eventually got him stunned and low on health almost wining but he escaped; I was running low on charge for my baton and wave gun so I went back to sec to charge it, im sitting there waiting and all of the sudden "cuppa coffee man yah" the macho man grabs me and turns me into a slim jim, the sec department eventually just let him roam the station in peace 
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
    more customizable gear that doesn't make me have to take off my sec helmet to use my police officer hat, also it would be nice if we could attach body armor to sec space suites or sec diving suites  
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
    when i'm part of a team I like to split up the work load or walk in teams of two, i'm usual;y on my own though when scouting, but when it comes to group fighting the changeling or nukies we all cover each others bases i cover fire while they reload or try to stun when the other guy is getting stunned I get my cuffs out and cuff them or pin them down for easier subduing. when im the only sec officer I try and find a trustworthy crew member to help keep the station safe or I try and talk things out with other crewmembers that are having problems with each other.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
    Oh ai how your help is so useful from you helping me enter engineering to get some glovesto the bolted doors trapping that terrorist you make my job much easier but alas you cant lastbecause some plug in the freeform lawand now all you do is blast "HONK"
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
    I have always wanted to do the veteran cop that has a young cop partner but doesn't "need" the partner, that one is high on my want to do list a different gimick I did was getting a crew of crewmembers (it was like one or two) an assistant and a bald man, to fight against the evil traitors that where trying to kill us that was fun even though it lasted like 5 minutes and I died.
  • Draw a picture
            ________
           |                |
           |     Hos     |

____|_________|______       |  (-)------(-)  |        \        ^       /        \     -----    /          \_______/   
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
Banned by captain bravo for 
specific reason "Hey it's these guys AGAIN, back with another friend who wants to break the same language rules they got in trouble for before. We're not doing an endless conga line of you bringing new people to the server to shit it up in the exact same way and pass it off as them being new. All three of you are going to read our rules and appeal this if you want to play here."
rule broken:  bigotry and sexual content
my friend said a no no work ("im gay") immediately when he joined the server guess that's what i get for trusting my friends to play a game I like : (

Second ban by flourish:
specific reason: [SAY: what is you opinion on the nazi political party]

hind sight is 20:20, I'm kidna an idiot for this one and it should have never happened, I'm just glad flourish is a chill admin 

all in all I mean well, if this does make it so I cant be HoS it is understandable but I think I would make a fun hos; If I can't that's fine ill still have fun playing as a sec officer, it worth a shot and you never know until your try : ) 

My aski art got messed up
________
| |
| Hos |
____|_________|______
****| (-)------(-) |
****\ ^ /
****\ ----- /
*****\_______/

(02-19-2023, 01:47 PM)Supperagent00e Wrote: Usual character name: Cooooo OOOO Ooool man
BYOND username: Grimgerg 
Discord username (if you are on our discord): 
Recommended by (if applicable):
Goon servers you play:  Goonstation[b] 1 Classic: Heisenbee[/b]

Reason for application:
I seen the not too often when i'm playing sec HoS is not being played or filled by anyone for several rounds, So I decided that to try and fill that role as a regular sec officer because at the time I was the only one on as a sec officer; the cap, ai and the rest of sec that joined later through a hissy fit and got mad I broke into the HoS officer, then I started doing research to find out how to actually become Hos and that leads us up to now, I notice that sec sometimes it vary uncoordinated and tends to get blown up; once this happens sec falls apart fast, with leadership from someone sec could be united with their leader fighting on the front lines and making split second decisions.

Security experience (300 word minimum):
over my entire ss13 career Sec is one of my favorite off jobs I like to play every so often or on streaks of just, sec needs leadership, their has been way to many times I have been grabbed by some sort of antag only to use my sec alert and not be answered then shortly after killed or get all my stuff stolen by an assistant after being stunned with my own baton. as sec I work with the crew, not just sec; if I see an assistant going after the wrestler or vampire ect... I don't freak out that they made a zip gun or slam gun, I give them covering fire and use the help hand when they are downed, after all we are in this together if its contraband to help its contraband I'm willing to overlook for the grater good of the station. Sec is meant to be just as fun as the rest of the jobs people look up to you as an authority figure as sec, you cant let the power of easily accessible weapons get to your head as sec you serve and protect the station from external threats that could harm the people of the station. I like being the front line between the station and the people that wish to destroy what we try to protect. when it comes to antags I like to give second chances if I catch someone once ill usually let you keep any loot they have and pda, unless its something like the caps ID, I like second chances I have lost count on how many times the ai or kind sec officer has given me a second chance as a changeling or vampire, its only right I try to give others the fun I was given when I was in the same situation. as sec i dont just go guns blazing to every situation, a most resent example of this was a bartender and a botanist where having trouble with each other; one trying to beat the other for lotting a dead body behind the bar, and the other trying to get revenge, so I had them talk it out in the interrogation room having them come to an understanding rather then just arresting one over the other.
Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    don't be afraid to ask for help from other crewmates other then sec, most people on this server is friendly and like sec, but don't get isolated, make sure your in a group when asking you never know who is a traitor or not and if all else fails try radio or your sec alert although sometimes they can be unreliable. 
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
    It was a normal day on Goonstation, getting myself some drinks from the bar, or asking the clown where he got his space lube form; then boom we see a Macho man destroying people turning them into slim jims, sec put up a grate fight, we eventually got him stunned and low on health almost wining but he escaped; I was running low on charge for my baton and wave gun so I went back to sec to charge it, im sitting there waiting and all of the sudden "cuppa coffee man yah" the macho man grabs me and turns me into a slim jim, the sec department eventually just let him roam the station in peace 
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
    more customizable gear that doesn't make me have to take off my sec helmet to use my police officer hat, also it would be nice if we could attach body armor to sec space suites or sec diving suites  
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
    when i'm part of a team I like to split up the work load or walk in teams of two, i'm usual;y on my own though when scouting, but when it comes to group fighting the changeling or nukies we all cover each others bases i cover fire while they reload or try to stun when the other guy is getting stunned I get my cuffs out and cuff them or pin them down for easier subduing. when im the only sec officer I try and find a trustworthy crew member to help keep the station safe or I try and talk things out with other crewmembers that are having problems with each other.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
    Oh ai how your help is so useful from you helping me enter engineering to get some glovesto the bolted doors trapping that terrorist you make my job much easier but alas you cant lastbecause some plug in the freeform lawand now all you do is blast "HONK"
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
    I have always wanted to do the veteran cop that has a young cop partner but doesn't "need" the partner, that one is high on my want to do list a different gimick I did was getting a crew of crewmembers (it was like one or two) an assistant and a bald man, to fight against the evil traitors that where trying to kill us that was fun even though it lasted like 5 minutes and I died.
  • Draw a picture
            ________
           |                |
           |     Hos     |

____|_________|______       |  (-)------(-)  |        \        ^       /        \     -----    /          \_______/   
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
Banned by captain bravo for 
specific reason "Hey it's these guys AGAIN, back with another friend who wants to break the same language rules they got in trouble for before. We're not doing an endless conga line of you bringing new people to the server to shit it up in the exact same way and pass it off as them being new. All three of you are going to read our rules and appeal this if you want to play here."
rule broken:  bigotry and sexual content
my friend said a no no work ("im gay") immediately when he joined the server guess that's what i get for trusting my friends to play a game I like : (

Second ban by flourish:
specific reason: [SAY: what is you opinion on the nazi political party]

hind sight is 20:20, I'm kidna an idiot for this one and it should have never happened, I'm just glad flourish is a chill admin 

all in all I mean well, if this does make it so I cant be HoS it is understandable but I think I would make a fun hos; If I can't that's fine ill still have fun playing as a sec officer, it worth a shot and you never know until your try : ) 

I forgor any other bans I have received and do not know where to view them

but to my knowledge i don't have any other bans
Disregard this, I don't know how to delete a post I do not deserve to be hos considering my actions, plus i'm not know in the community what so ever.