Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Does dying in game make you upset?
If I were still recently new to the game, probably.

Personally I like to main Borg/AI, so unfortunately I have to process in my smol acorn brain that I'm going to die AT LEAST 50% of the time. People can put very fun, yet violent laws for us..

Whenever I do get slightly tilted at something though, once I see the end of the round countdown, I realize nothing really matters and we're all just vibing on this game.
tbh no matter how i die i normally think it's funny. i don't see the point of getting angry over dying in ss13.
(09-09-2022, 06:36 PM)Drewmajor11 Wrote: tbh no matter how i die i normally think it's funny. i don't see the point of getting angry over dying in ss13.

Wich is why this topic exists.

There are many ways one could die upset. For example.. I once died due to a bug and an admin respawned me.

But reasons to be upset could be:
"I was having a fun roleplay then suddenly this guy comes in and shoots me.."

Imagine having fun then unable to continune it since somoene kills you.
It's fine to be upset when your fun is interrupted in a brutal way.
(09-10-2022, 04:25 AM)Kotlol Wrote:
(09-09-2022, 06:36 PM)Drewmajor11 Wrote: tbh no matter how i die i normally think it's funny. i don't see the point of getting angry over dying in ss13.

Wich is why this topic exists.

There are many ways one could die upset. For example.. I once died due to a bug and an admin respawned me.

But reasons to be upset could be:
"I was having a fun roleplay then suddenly this guy comes in and shoots me.."

Imagine having fun then unable to continune it since somoene kills you.
It's fine to be upset when your fun is interrupted in a brutal way.

I didn't say it isn't fine to be upset or that the topic is invalid. I gave my personal opinion that I don't see the point, neither of those things would make me really angry either. All I did was give input on the topic that.... asked for input?
It used to. Hell, the entire reason I got banned was because I got really, really angry after a certain NTSO rocked my shit.

I've since gotten better at accepting when I lose. (Though I'd probably still get pretty pissed at wordless murder.)
man we gotta get into it here?
(09-11-2022, 07:36 PM)JackTrysGames Wrote: It used to. Hell, the entire reason I got banned was because I got really, really angry after a certain NTSO rocked my shit.

I've since gotten better at accepting when I lose. (Though I'd probably still get pretty pissed at wordless murder.)

man, not the place.
When it’s near the beginning of the round and it’s permanent, yes. There is very little to do as a ghost or critter so I usually just leave afterwards.

However, most of the time, either I can be revived, or the round is about to end anyways, so it isn’t an issue.

That’s why I like to scan myself near the beginning of the round. I’m less likely to end up in a situation where I die and can’t be revived.
Essentially what everyone else has said. If it's funny,is reversible or had cool RP? no. If it was that the very start, had little interaction or was super boring like waiting for me to type then using fiber wire i'd likely be upset.