Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pod related suggestion
Hello, Here are some Pod related suggestion !

1. Make the Podbay commander Job available, as a Gimmick Job.

- I really think (and I don't think I am alone) that it can be a nice gimmick to add to the game. The Goal is simple : manage the stations Public Podbay, make pods, re park them, yell at people when they warp inside, teach new people how to make a pod...

A another advantage is its implementation and balance in the game.  
-There is no need to extra have access at all, just maintenance. The wadge must be better than the wadge of a staffi, to buy more ores from mining.
-There is no need of a weapon most of the times... Well because of pods. A flash can be a nice addition.
-I suggest that the place in the hierarchy of the Podbay Commander falls under the Civilian Department, and he has to follow HoP, captain and Security Orders...
-I suggest that they spawn with a PDA with a Med-U cardrige, but also a Security record reader. 

2. Make the tractor beam far more powerful but with a time limit.

Because... Yeah the Tractor beam that spawn in security has little to no use at all. The thing it attract come sllllllooooooooowwwlllllllllyyyy toward you. A human can strait up ignore it. It cannot even stop someone from drifting in space.

I suggest it to make fare more powerful. Like they can attract things like a vacuum cleaner, and can store up to 2 items.
But its use will be like the Warp. It would need to recharge a bit, I suggest 25 seconds of it working, and 30 second of it recharging

3. Add the A-type pod (Ambulance Type Pod)

Most of the time, Pods are used for recovering people lost, or who died. 
But you can't actually safe someone from dying, since you can shove them inside. If you want to save them you either :
-Have to let die and become corpse so you can put in the cargo hold.
-Use the Port-a-Brig or Port-a-Medbay. 

The A type pod would change that.
It would have the same stats as the Civilian pod (speed, lifepoints, passenger, etc..)
BUT ! 
It will come with a integrated Port-a-Med. You can't teleport this port-a-med, its stuck to the pod. But if you put someone inside, they would be able to get back alive. The Port-a-med cannot be locked, so no easy kidnapping.

Too nerf it a bit, I suggest this :
-A very big crafting recipe (Bit more demanding than the I-type)
-Unable to get a normal cargo hold. Just the small one. 

For the the A-type putt :
Not a a Port-a-Medbay, but a Limited Nano Medbay, with only The essential (Brute / Burn Patches, Injector for Toxin / Heart Failure, pills for air and brain damage.) 

4. More Paint Job has job rewards.

Add some paint jobs for pods, based on the job colors ! Like A medical Doc having a Blue and white paint job. Captain get a Black and gold pod, with touch of Green, Red and blue, HoP getting a green fancy pod, Security having some grey, white, red and blue pods...

5. Add some Tracking device for Security, Detective (and podbay commander lol)

They would work like implant, but for pods. The localisation will be on the space GPS.

6. Add a crate of space GPS in podbay.

Even if people mostly use the sensor to get to a destination, Space GPS have some advantage : 
-They can notify when a distress signal is enable.
-They can track a position even if the person leave the Z-level (unlike the sensor)

7. Do a little animation when the "Return To Station" button is pressed

You can easily escape from a dogfight with it. Its actually guaranties you a 100% escape rate. A Animation will reduce this rate.

Thanks for reading !
1: The gimmick was popularized by one player, I see no issue with making it standard as most podbays have room or a room next to it where the podbay commander can sit. As long as it just has tools to fix pods and a clipboard with said maintance. NO OBJECTIONS

2: Tractor beams should indeed be increased on players but only those with no magnetisation and only effective in the vacuum on space. It's weak since we don't want pods to tractor players off... but since it's sec only. It's fine.

3: I like the concept of this large pod with a system in it that basicly is a port-a-medbay/sleeper. Some stations do have medbay podbays that arent used ever...for bringing in patients... so this is a nice side gimmick for that.

4: I have nothing against personalized pod colors. Can have some fun pays off.

5: NO. For one reason alone... there are pods off station as well and they can give away secret locations. If you wanna track pods, bring a space gps or scan for them.
There are enough ways to track lost pods. Also it would make antags doing a clean getaway harder, or knowing wich pod is taken and suspect is this pod.. start tracking and they will be all over their butts. It litterly means no antag can retreat to their hideout cause the pod is a giant blip.
So.. no. We got enough tools dealing with lost pods.

6: Some PDA's have space GPS, but I have no objection to this to someone who wants to go on an adventure.

7: No objections. This shows when a player went back to the station, a good visual indicator your target is back at the location.

Overall a good suggestion, A-pods seem fun but are questionable, Tractor beam buff makes ense, but the tracking device on pods is a 100% NO!
Maybe I should remove the tracking device from the suggestion, you can also already track pods with Spy Stickers.
(08-25-2022, 11:21 PM)Delta_Dav Wrote: Maybe I should remove the tracking device from the suggestion, you can also already track pods with Spy Stickers.

Spy stickers are fine since they are an ACTIVE tool to use and is limited to a detective.

An implant/upgrade to put it on the pods for security/det and a gimmick class to use to track them is abit much.
If it's auto in there 100% no.
If it has to be added it goes down to 80% no.

Remember that pods are used irregularly... and it's the only way to go off station safely for most people. Unless they get gear to do so.
Wich is why I am against tracking devices for Pods that aren't spy stickers.