Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Syndicate AI Frame
Have you noticed, when inspecting the AI frame? It says 'Standard Nanotrasen AI frame' or something like this.

Now hear me out.
I present you.... 

A new traitor item for robotics!

The 'Very much Syndicate looking AI frame... a bit smelly too.'

Idea behind this is that the new AI is separate from the main AI and their laws.
I don't know the nukie AI laws by heart but maybe have them as 'default' for the syndie AI,
unchangeable as, first making a new AI and second, properly hiding it, is already a challenge enough which can be fun. 

But look, this is not the end, right!

The 'new' and improved Syndicate AI has some extra features coming straight up from headquarters, the newest tech!
   * Syndy AI Eye is invisible for the Nanotrasen AI, however the Syndicate AI can see the other eye. #Intelligent Thermals!
   * Every two minutes the Syndicate AI can mock the Nanotrasen AI by hacking their packets.
      Not disabling their next coms but rather making fun of it and chancing their next message within 30 seconds to something like:
            *Sorry Dave, this statement is wrong.
            *Nukies at medbay!
            *Door opened. (Opens all doors on the station, AI has control on, including Airlocks excluding Armory)
            *1Ns3r7 8yNd1cA7t M3sS4g3. (Changing next AI message)

And if shit hits the fan:
   *Place a virtual Signal Jammer on the AI for 1 minute. (5 minute cooldown)
   *Place a virtual Cloacking Device on any visible tile for 1 minute ( 5 minute cooldown)

And of course.
    A frame made of Electric Nanomachines.
        Shocking everyone when hit and self-healing at a medium rate.

Also, the new and improved AI needs a new frame!
Something badass looking, much syndicate. 
So shiny! So Chrome!
*insert suggestion image* [I'm miles away from an artist who can draw stick figueres, sorry :c]

Ed2: (for balance suggestion) 

However Syndicate resources and focused radio dishes do not come lightly.
   * The Person who finishes the syndicate AI has a 50% chance to get corrupted comms with:
           replacing every letter within a sentence according to ASCII hacker shenanigans:
                  I=1, e=3, 4=a, 7=t, 8=s and so on.
   * If syndicate AI goes nuts with actions per minute, it will radiate deadly S-Rays, due to the distance to their syndicate Mainframe.
            Doing low radiation damage to the robust Nanotraser crew, as they are already used to torture. But rather deadly to any syndicate spy.... Any highly visable!
                     ( Take the random explosive radiation event as example for effects. Limit syndie AI with 'actions'. Opening Caps door = 50 actions. Opening EVA = 25, opening staffass door = 5. ETC With a maximum of 100 before it goes to emitting S-Rays....
Wait we can also level this. 
Level 1 - 100 Actions ... Emits a small radioactive circle once (default length)
Level 2 - 200 Actions ... Emits a small radioactive circle every minute (default lengh)
Level 3 - 400 Actions ... Emitted circle size is increased by 2x
Level 4 - 800 Actions ... *You have overdone it. You are now heavily radiating your syndicate puppets.* ... Activate radioactive damage for antags.
Level 5 - 1000 Actions ... *You either went to far of the station is already lost. Either way, you do not serve any purpose anymore* ... Initiate self-construction.
)

With a cooldown of course.
c : 3,1415926535 ^2 
which would be one action every 33.222 seconds. Makes sense no?

And ultimately once the AI has been built. To establish syndicate communication, packets need to be hacked on a big scale.
To overcome the shutter, ANY radio recording will be played once the AI is established (including nukie radio recordings for funnies and RNG)

And because those fancy syndicate dishes need to focus on our precious station. The syndicate AI cannot leave the z-level or connection will be lost.

Look, it may sound like a overpowered mindhack. But remember that one first has to debrain a person and also finish the the AI.
May be accessable for command traitors too.
space bear

ED: Numbers and cooldown are of course to debate for people who know more about balancing. Just want4d to bring in the idea as it could be neat.
I like it, a good alternative to just making the ai rouge. Would love for lots of ways to fuck with the regular ai and crew
This seems like itll lead to loads of false ahelps while the AI has to deal with people breathing down its neck due to them thinking its self antagging (or the reverse to where people dont ahelp self antagging ais because they assume there's a syndie AI). Not to mention the fact that the only counterplay to a permarogue AI is either locate the kill console (which is easily destroyed), or locate the Ai and kill it (and good luck finding it, considering there are a lot of good places to hide an AI and no bad ones). You could cut all cams technically as well, however thatd make the regular Ais round more miserable then it already would be once this thing gets built. This seems like an item that would be fun for no one involved.
(08-23-2022, 06:37 PM)Ikea Wrote: This seems like itll lead to loads of false ahelps while the AI has to deal with people breathing down its neck due to them thinking its self antagging (or the reverse to where people dont ahelp self antagging ais because they assume there's a syndie AI). Not to mention the fact that the only counterplay to a permarogue AI is either locate the kill console (which is easily destroyed), or locate the Ai and kill it (and good luck finding it, considering there are a lot of good places to hide an AI and no bad ones). You could cut all cams technically as well, however thatd make the regular Ais round more miserable then it already would be once this thing gets built. This seems like an item that would be fun for no one involved.

Well. You have good points there but also thinking about it a bit too critical I believe.

You can very much rogue AI and transport it to debris field.
You can build a second Law frame in the desert and hook up some silicon to it.
You can place a powersink right up where it will never be found. Where's the fun in all of that?

To mess with AI massively you don't even need to open your traitor pda.

Point is, of course you can power nerd 50% of the mechanics in the game. Yet I believe this item could may provide more fun than a syndie cloner or powersink ever could.

But you're right of course, AI is probably one of the top ahelped topics even today.
Would like to suggest that with time it will become second nature. 'Ah AI's messing around. Laws seems in place... must be syndie AI'.
... Some special font maybe to indicate? But then it would be too easy to tell.

Mhm. Good points Ikdea, very good points. 
I don't want to throw this as awful in my head yet as it could be neat but may need to sleep about that indeed.
Aight I edited it a bit with balancing and so on.
Ikea would love to hear what you think now. Still terrible? Without being sarcastic. Would love to see this thing done but also time effort so eeeeh.
(Also everyone free to suggest etc. Its just brainstorming until)

Quote:Ed2: (for balance suggestion)

However Syndicate resources and focused radio dishes do not come lightly.
  * The Person who finishes the syndicate AI has a 50% chance to get corrupted comms with:
          replacing every letter within a sentence according to ASCII hacker shenanigans:
                  I=1, e=3, 4=a, 7=t, 8=s and so on.
  * If syndicate AI goes nuts with actions per minute, it will radiate deadly S-Rays, due to the distance to their syndicate Mainframe.
            Doing low radiation damage to the robust Nanotraser crew, as they are already used to torture. But rather deadly to any syndicate spy.... Any highly visable!
                    ( Take the random explosive radiation event as example for effects. Limit syndie AI with 'actions'. Opening Caps door = 50 actions. Opening EVA = 25, opening staffass door = 5. ETC With a maximum of 100 before it goes to emitting S-Rays....
Wait we can also level this.
Level 1 - 100 Actions ... Emits a small radioactive circle once (default length)
Level 2 - 200 Actions ... Emits a small radioactive circle every minute (default lengh)
Level 3 - 400 Actions ... Emitted circle size is increased by 2x
Level 4 - 800 Actions ... *You have overdone it. You are now heavily radiating your syndicate puppets.* ... Activate radioactive damage for antags.
Level 5 - 1000 Actions ... *You either went to far of the station is already gone. Either way, you do not serve any purpose anymore* ... Initiate self-construction.
)

And ultimately once the AI has been built. To establish syndicate communication, packets need to be hacked on a big scale.
To overcome the shutter, ANY radio recording will be played once the AI is established (including nukie radio recordings for funnies and RNG)

And because those fancy syndicate dishes need to focus on our precious station. The syndicate AI cannot leave the z-level or connection will be lost.

May be overkill with mechanics but I would love to see this idea forming and there's plenty to adjusting of course.
Just seems really tedious for the syndicate AI involved, and still runs into the issue of unkillable ai that takes 5 minutes of setup instead of 20, and doesnt involve you to do actions that can easily get you caught (while depends on the map still plenty of places off station you can hide) (not to mention a lot of the anger being redirected to the AI). You can probably band aid some of these issues but ultimately theyre still be bandaids due to the nature of AI, that being one who directly interfaces with the station remotely instead of physically being there, meaning you cant directly fight the AI when theyre doing stuff to you, only prevent them from acting.
God damit. Haha yes you're right though. Its not a good idea if one has to band aid over multiple times already in dev, very fair. And I too see the issues there.
Even though I wanted to see a syndie AI, thanks a bunch for the input Ikdea! Too much fixing, AI too sensible topic, too much effort.
Hence constructive feedback is always key. Brain ping-pong goes miles.

So now, how does one closes a thread?