Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Mafia Gamemode
I know, Gang mode exists, but I would absolutely love to see a mafia crime family mode. With certain ranks in the crime family like the Boss, Consigliere, Underboss, Caporegime, Soldiers and Associates. (would also love to see custom name crime families)

Of course, Boss would be the head of the crime family, controlling the family and making sure everything is cool.

Here is my idea for what each position can do:

Boss - Can order hits, control parts of the ship, select certain places to be extorted and run rackets.

Underboss - Is there in case the Boss is imprisoned/killed, make sure money flows up to the boss.

Consigliere - Can suggest places for extortion and rackets, advisor to the boss. The consigliere can offer advice to the boss on whether one idea is better than the other, and if the person targeted for death is worth killing.

Caporegime - Controls a small group of soldiers, do the dirty work for the higher ups, if the boss tells you to do something, do it, or you might get whacked.

Soldiers - You are under control by your caporegime, obey them and you will survive.

How would it work?

There could be a total of 5 crime families, same as the actual Commission, battling for the highest power, who wins is determined by the number of places claimed, how much money/credits the crime family have earned. Once power is gained for a certain place, it will remain in the power of the crime family that claimed it, until that one crime family is out of commission.

Risk getting whacked if you don't kick up to a certain family. Once a crime family has claimed your job for a racket, you belong to that crime family until they are out of commission. Other crime families will have to go else where to acquire money.

This will probably be put in the terrible idea category but that's fine, this is just a quick idea I wrote down in 10 or so minutes, I will update to this and would love to hear feedback. New ideas/suggestions would be much appreciated!
This just sounds like gangs with extra steps and more people given antag status. Too many moving parts to function, maybe on RP? But this couldn’t work on classic, it would just turn into gangs but more people given rampage privileges.
Mmhmm think so too, also I think it would be more fun if we make mafia mode, just be.. well a gang of conspirators with specific functions insted.

With 1 being the leader, but when they go out.. all the antags lose.
Their job is to get each objective done in some way.... aggresively or stealthly.

Does the round end if they succeed? No.
Does the round end if the antag leader dies? No.

Because new antags will spawn now big grin
The problem with it on rp is that server pops are regularly around 60 players at peak currently which would be hard to be able to get this group and standard crew slots filled.
Yeah, maybe it could only have objectives. Like "Extort hydroponics" or, "Murder rival crime family member, (insert name).
(08-23-2022, 03:57 PM)BUBBLES Wrote: Yeah, maybe it could only have objectives. Like "Extort hydroponics" or, "Murder rival crime family member, (insert name).

A small problem with the Extortion idea is that it would most likely act like one of the auto completing missions that normal traitors can get since extortion would require RP and mechanics that the game most likely can't support.
(08-23-2022, 04:18 PM)Mrprogamer96 Wrote:
(08-23-2022, 03:57 PM)BUBBLES Wrote: Yeah, maybe it could only have objectives. Like "Extort hydroponics" or, "Murder rival crime family member, (insert name).

A small problem with the Extortion idea is that it would most likely act like one of the auto completing missions that normal traitors can get since extortion would require RP and mechanics that the game most likely can't support.

Yeah, I can get that. Maybe if they just stick to whoever has the most credits in the locker and who has the most members left in the family?
im not a huge fan of mafia in movies, videogames etc, like its not a thing i will be happy to see in a game like this, since mafia has done terrible damage and continues to be a problem in my country, and u risk that it will just become a stereotype/being romanticized. anyway, the concept of boss, underboss etc, is cool imo, we could implement it for gangs maybe? gangs need improvement anyway, imo, and your ideas could be helpful!
(08-24-2022, 12:08 AM)mab Wrote: im not a huge fan of mafia in movies, videogames etc, like its not a thing i will be happy to see in a game like this, since mafia has done terrible damage and continues to be a problem in my country, and u risk that it will just become a stereotype/being romanticized. anyway, the concept of boss, underboss etc, is cool imo, we could implement it for gangs maybe? gangs need improvement anyway, imo, and your ideas could be helpful!

I apologize, did not mean to cause any offense with the thread. I do agree that the Mafia should not be romanticized but it's so widespread and known it's almost impossible to avoid. An improvement on the gang mode using the hierarchy is a very good suggestion, if the boss gets killed the underboss could take over and recruit more people.
(08-24-2022, 12:55 AM)BUBBLES Wrote:
(08-24-2022, 12:08 AM)mab Wrote: im not a huge fan of mafia in movies, videogames etc, like its not a thing i will be happy to see in a game like this, since mafia has done terrible damage and continues to be a problem in my country, and u risk that it will just become a stereotype/being romanticized. anyway, the concept of boss, underboss etc, is cool imo, we could implement it for gangs maybe? gangs need improvement anyway, imo, and your ideas could be helpful!

I apologize, did not mean to cause any offense with the thread. I do agree that the Mafia should not be romanticized but it's so widespread and known it's almost impossible to avoid. An improvement on the gang mode using the hierarchy is a very good suggestion, if the boss gets killed the underboss could take over and recruit more people.

dont worry no need to apologize, u didn't cause any offense! the thread is full of good ideas, the hierarchy sistem could be good for rp too i think. Sleeping bee
Came back to this thread after a long time, and I think it would be better if there wasn't as many antags as I originally suggested. If anyone else has an idea or suggestion feel free to put it here!
For example: One boss, one underboss and advisor, one or two capos and a few soldiers. Or maybe even less than that, to where it won't be overrun by mobsters.