Poll: Good idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
85.71%
12 85.71%
Maybe
7.14%
1 7.14%
No
7.14%
1 7.14%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AI Hologram Text Packages
AIs currently are stuck with one set of words for their holograms. While upgrades exist, I propose that there be multiple 'packages' of words for the AI to choose from at round start. Selecting one would replace the regular set of words with another tied to that package. Off the top of my head, the following packages could be available at round start:

- Standard (no gimmick/theme)
- Clinical (very clinical/technical and blunt words)
- Resentful (more harsh/mean terminology, 'meatbag' included)
- Cute (for the friendlier and more excited AIs)

I'm sure there are others that could be added - ideally as many AI personality types should be covered. However, special word packages should still exist on upgrade modules. Relatedly, all hologram packages should exist as a module, including the starter ones, so you could provide an AI with a very wide library of available words.

I've found that the current set of words is nice, but I don't get much use out of them as it clashes with the tone I try very hard to convey. Is that nerdy? Yeah. Regardless, such a system would give more customization and expression options for AIs, which is always welcome.
im on the other side of the coin here, I think pigeonholing AIs as specific personality tropes is bad and wouldn't wanna see mechanics that encourage it, but rather stuff that allows players the opportunity to make unique developments of their ai characters
I literally never use the ai text but maybe i will with new texts
Personally I'd rather just expand the clown hologram expansion and either leave it like that for the clown to add or make it roundstart. I like always having them though and it can be a hassle to get it sometimes.
(08-19-2022, 04:42 PM)nefarious6th Wrote: im on the other side of the coin here, I think pigeonholing AIs as specific personality tropes is bad and wouldn't wanna see mechanics that encourage it, but rather stuff that allows players the opportunity to make unique developments of their ai characters

Hmm, having something tone related that is baked into the AI itself, and not the law rack, seems interesting.  That way the AI has a bit more "freedom" and way of differentiating themselves from other active AIs besides color.  This could be part of job rewards so it doesn't clutter the new AI experience.  So maybe the AI shells should have a slot for their "personal" hologram module..

I think the addition of more thematic diction is great.  This was intended to be something that folks could contribute to change over time or even have goofs/gimmicks where applicable.
AI Emoji Pack Skill Tree Tier Paths