• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannabis and psy's
Currently there's no real use for cannabis bar
(a) looking cool
(b) producing the stammer effect so you can fool ai/sec that you are stunned
it has the cons of:
(a) taking up a mask slot if you are smoking it
(b) the stammer is involuntary
© you also may fall asleep for a short period of time, although this is random.
All other drugs (bar psychedelics, more on that later) have some useful effect that compels you to use it, but not cannabis. This is a sad day for stoners and hippies alike
Why not give cannabis the following effect:
Smoke enough and you get the munchies, which removes the food health barrier entirely and increases the amount food can heal you. This essentially means you can effectivaly heal yourself from crit by eating (this doesn't help shock/cardiac arrest/poisoning/etc)

psychedelics have been no real benefit either, unless you enjoy being pelted by monkies. Every tick in the body, it should the user a random mind power like mind reading, etc (already in place in genetics)
Re: "it just takes up a mask slot"...
Once upon a time I was an RD on the previous map. I lit up my research joint, as ya do, and saw a scientist knocking on my window a few minutes after round start while I was tinkering with the buddies. Opened the door to greet him, dude splashes a beaker of sulfuric acid in my face!

The joint melts!

My face didn't. Boy was I grumpy about it though.
I don't see why everything has to either be amazingly helpful or deadly right from the get go. Regular weed is there for beginner botanists and Snoop Doggs and Lions to have fun growing and smoking, as well as provide a challenge for more experienced plant wranglers in the form of Omega Weed. Those and the psychedelic drugs are there for people to goof around with, or maybe freak dudes out about there being a changeling with a psylocibin Sleepy Pen or something.
Weed is fine already, it is fun to smoke and sit on the ratty blue couch selling tomatoes. I don't see why it needs any "improvments", especially with the kinds that grant big bonuses like omnizine joints and that omega weed.
Weed is a fun roleplay element that people would use even if it did nothing. It's fine the way it is
I wish it was easier to get the debilitating types so wizards could make golems with it more easily.
The jist from these counterpoints for being fine the way it is, is because:
(a) it's a roleplay element
ok, that's fine, so what's the problem of adding a munchie effect, in which you can further rp? It falls in line with alcohol/depressants dulling effects and stimulant style drugs reducing stuns.. Now imagine a fight in the ring against a drunk swigging vodka and stoner with some crisps. Don't tell me that wouldn't be entertaining.
(b) it has mutations
My problem is not with cannabis as a botany item (it's great as a botany item, sells well and has plenty of mutations) and more about the rather useless effects of THC
© it does nothing but people still use it
My suggestion would make cannabis/thc do something. This would mean people may actually buy it from you, which is good.

david2222121 Wrote:psychedelic drugs are there for people to goof around with, or maybe freak dudes out about there being a changeling with a psylocibin Sleepy Pen or something.
There has been threads talking about psy's before and it has been concluded that psychedelics freak a subtotal of zero people out, not even the noobies. If you managed to get acid into someones system chances are they will get pissed and beat you up for making them get abused by a platoon of imaginary chimps. And why would a traitor even want to be considered a ling in the first place?
My suggestion would be add a cool rp element of peeps on psy's having shamanistic like powers, while also an hysteria around acid. Perhaps give it a power where the information you get back is sometimes untrue, which would make it different to a genetic power.
Pubbie botanist: I read shitlorde's mind, he's a traitor!
Disgruntled sec: Are you on acid, pubbie?
Pubbie: yes
*nobody listens to poor tripping pubbie for the rest of the round
Sundance Wrote:The jist from these counterpoints for being fine the way it is, is because:
(a) it's a roleplay element
ok, that's fine, so what's the problem of adding a munchie effect, in which you can further rp? It falls in line with alcohol/depressants dulling effects and stimulant style drugs reducing stuns.. Now imagine a fight in the ring against a drunk swigging vodka and stoner with some crisps. Don't tell me that wouldn't be entertaining.
(b) it has mutations
My problem is not with cannabis as a botany item (it's great as a botany item, sells well and has plenty of mutations) and more about the rather useless effects of THC
© it does nothing but people still use it
My suggestion would make cannabis/thc do something. This would mean people may actually buy it from you, which is good.

counterpoint to a) Why does it need another effect other than making you stammer and be all dudely, I don't see a reason to overcomplicate something as simple as weed, and If you want to RP munchies then just say "oh man, I need some chips or something, I got the munchies"

counterpoint to b) THC is not meant to be anything more than a chemical that makes you stammer and be all dudely, that's what for the rare weeds are for.

on c) What is your suggestion for it to do something? people buy weed anyways no problem. "hey weed for 10 bux at botany!" like 30 seconds later a dude shows up.

Weed is just fine the way it is as a fun diversion, If you want weed to do something then get a mutant strain.

The thing about people not buying it because it doesn't do anything: Would people reaaaally wanna buy it if it gave you munchies? like how often am I critically injured and decide to smoke up a joint before going for a bite to eat to save myself when there is a medkit right by the bar, and the THC might knock me out and get me killed.
Cannabis killed Sundance's parents. Keep it in to send him into a flashback of the Weed Mafia killing his mom & dad right before his eyes.
The OP seems like a good idea to me.
Id love to be able to smoke while wearing a gas mask though. Maybe poke a hole through? It's always a tough choice between breathing and smoking when the room gets depressurised frown
PeacekeeperPete Wrote:The OP seems like a good idea to me.
Id love to be able to smoke while wearing a gas mask though. Maybe poke a hole through? It's always a tough choice between breathing and smoking when the room gets depressurised frown
Always choose smoking, I mean what else do you got to live for if not another toke?
Yes, THC is useless.
My. Isn't that horrid.

There are a lot of things you can do with a plain ol' green cannabis leaf. Through some seriously excellent splicing job, a single green cannabis leaf can be given the traits of anything. Thus a joint rolled from innocent-looking, green cannabis leaf can be made to make the person smoking it drop dead without any indication 5-10 minutes later. Or, on the flipside, it can also be made to provide donk pockets grade healing to the user.

The point is, a green cannabis leaf is usually associated with a neutral thing (as 99% of the time rolling a join from a green leaf then smoking it is not dangerous - and people rolling their own joints are usually rather sure about what they are about to smoke), and thus people are likely to light up a joint just for the heck of it. You just have to be creative to exploit it.