Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
The Zooblar! Skrippus Pathway to Janitorial Excellence
(08-20-2022, 09:50 PM)Love Wrote: Zooblar stands as unassailable colossus of the janitor rankings. And the tips are comprehensive.
I'll toss in a few random cleany tips too!

Acetone is your friend for sticker removal! 
Most every janitor closet has a bottle or two of it. But it goes a heck of a lot further if you add a bit of it to an already near-full sponge and bop people with that. Presumably adding a bit to a nearly-full spray bottle (even full of water) would work too. Even the towel might, since it seems to pick up reagents like styptic powder!

You have pharmacy access!
Use it, if the doctors aren't making actual medicine in it at the moment.
You can click a fuel can on a wall or drain to cleanly empty it. Then go and fill it up with space cleaner. 400u of refills in one slot, if you like the spray bottle!
Oshan floods are a pain that causes repetitive stress injuries. But the recipe for fluorosurfactant isn't so difficult! The stuff that makes your cleaning grenades foamy also deletes entire floods. Just have a beaker of it, grip it tight and dump one click on any flood to make ALL connected water vanish. You could make it go even further with a spray bottle. Thousands of clicks, down to one. It can work with other fluids, so long as you add water to the spill.

Consider carrying tools. And Epi-pens.
Janitors patrol more than even the most antsy SecOff. That has some knock-on-effects.
At least make sure very sure you carry a crowbar. You will run into lots of closed firedoors. You will run into lots of flipped vending machines. You can use them to quickly replace floors so they look less horrible, and thus clean.
You will also run into lots of dying people. An emergency epinephrine injector from any medkit will make it far more likely you can drag someone all the way to medbay, alive. They help with wasp stings too! I almost never fail to find a place to use an epi-injector or three in a round.

Become Monke.
No, really. It's not really a serious janitorial tip. It's a pain to do and deal with. But if you do it, you ascend as a janitor. With tableflipping and mail-chutes you can get into a lot more places to clean that you'd have to beg or ignore, otherwise.

Just do mind that bartenders WILL shoot you the second you cross their bartop, without any warning or questioning, 100% of the time. So... do ask if they don't mind you cleaning.

Menus. And Ants.  fat and sassy space-bee
Have to deal with ants everywhere? Don't have a spray bottle, or they're on a blocking tile like a food vendor? The sponge CAN clean them. They can be hard to land a hit on, though, especially smaller ant decals. Using the right-click menu can let you use the sponge directly on them, however, without clicking a tiny moving pixel. I recall hearing the vacuum can suck them up too! But, since I never remember to try... I cannot confirm. I am ashamed.
If you're miserly with your sponge-water when dealing with a full-tile dirt decal, or a puddle is hiding under something, the menu can let you target the tile under a covering decal, or a puddle directly.

Yeah acetone is important to know, remember to use it in your hand to grip it tightly and just dispense a few units each click.

And i'll have to remember that i'm pretty used to playing on RP now, so i'll have to remember to make a point of that, on RP i try to not step on the doctor's toes too much and let them do their job.

Ahahah man i'm so bad at sticking with projects, i got all hyped to write this stuff up for a bit and then i just lost interest as soon as i made a couple of posts.. i'll try do more soon.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Zooblar! Skrippus Pathway to Janitorial Excellence - by Stush - 08-21-2022, 05:30 AM