Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Stinky Lizard Remover
We live in dark times. Times soaked in blood and the clinging miasma of death.

On the RP servers, we are accosted not just by the pestilential reek of red and purple mice, but by large, carnivorous stink-lizards ...and sometimes normal human doctors, scientists and botanists... with stink lines aplenty. And the madness must end. For the sake of the noses of our descendants and their descendants to come.

We need chemical assistance.
I do not suggest a chemical to delete stinky lizards from existence (...unless?), but rather, a way you can remotely destinkify people by raising their hygiene need, without a shower, while clothed!

I feel this is a vital, nay, necessary addition, since we cannot drag stinky people in and strip them for showers. That would be rude. And bannable.

Perhaps something akin to water (1) + lemon juice (1) + space cleaner (1) + ethanol (1) = Bottled Shower [or whatever] (4), for an easy version.

Or to make it more annoying, and requiring a quest to medbay, janitor closets, and the bar to back-alley make it, or the bar, welding fuel tank and a chem dispenser otherwise, something like ethanol (1) + lemon juice (1) + acetone (1) + formaldehyde (1) + space cleaner (1) = Perfumed Cleaner [or whatever] (5) since apparently acetone and formaldehyde and various alcohols are often used in perfumes, would work for that.

After which, with liberal application via spray bottle, foam flood, tossed pitcher smashed on their dome, or being visciously attacked with a sponge full of it, hygiene would rise, under the cleansing power of cheap chemical shower substitute that probably causes blindness in five years.

Melting mentor mice on contact, making pugs sneeze a lot, and having bees follow you because you now smell delicious, is optional.

Or, I mean, making the hygiene motive go up when you have a cleaning grenade explode in your face is fine too.
I just want even more reasons to invade people's personal space, spray weird chemicals on them, and hit them with cleaning tools, as a janitor.
I am actually fine with such a suggestion.
On RP getting dirty does basicly nothing mechanically... it just gives you stinky lines.

But something like perfume, cologne and such would be great.
But I feel like there has to be more ways to increase hygiene then washing your hands without gloves, showers and bathtubs.

Mostly since Showers and Baths aren't always easy to find on your average station.

Buuuuttt.... let me say this. While a pocket shower would be fun, it wouldn't fix people not caring for hygiene.
It has to have some other effect.
I feel like that RP rule about roleplaying a believable character who wishes to continue to be employed by NT would come into play here.
(08-16-2022, 07:39 AM)Mouse Wrote: I feel like that RP rule about roleplaying a believable character who wishes to continue to be employed by NT would come into play here.

It should.. but people act like: "They don't care if we're dirty, as long as we do our job."
People already take this rule very lightly and personal hygiene is not one on the list. (But I do as most jobs)
But some jobs are prone to get stinky lines almost constantly.. Mostly Doctors strangely enough.
It's mostly doctors because you get covered in people's blood a lot, and that tanks hygiene hard.

Well, if it needs a reason to exist on both servers, there can only be one possible use on Main.
Death.

NT would assuredly not be a scent-free workplace. Crippling asthma attacks from perfume sounds like a you problem.

It's perfectly safe when applied topically. But, using the hard recipe, it would be a back alley poison you could get by robbing morgues and janitor's closets.
Does no or negligible tox damage. But damages the lungs when used aerosolized with smoke powder, or laced into cigarettes or whatever, leading to respiratory failure.

There are not enough things that damage organs in the game, which is a shame, since surgery is fun. And it could be a potentially be a way to finally cause people to do lung replacement surgery. Or learn that salbutamol can heal lung damage (or that medical chems can heal organs at all). Maybe make salb deplete it quickly.

For a friendlier use, insect repellant. Makes fermids, bees and wasps avoid you for a while.
So you can safely robust them with proper preparation.
Surely, lemon juice is no different from lemongrass in citronella. R-right?
Doesnt space cleaner work here? Or is that only when nude
Yeah. Nudity is required for the dumping-bottles-of-liquids-on-people methods of showering.
you really could have suggested this without leaning on allusions to the lizard hatred of other servers but like, it's a neat idea sure

I've also considered implementing perfume myself but that was more of a Fun With Particle Effects thing. could be cool to tie it in more to hygiene
Sorry if it came off like that.

I love lizards!
The stinky ones are the best lizards of all. Gael. Teeth. Ifer, back when Ifer was a thing. That one lizard now whose name I forget, because I suck with names, that is covered in moss. Good times.
Just meant it as a fond joke. 'Stinky' in general seems to be the happy non-insult insult de jour around here.
I do like the concept of organ damage to the longues if you are stinky.
it gives more reason to stay clean and keep the station clean.

Love you may have given Janitors more reason to their jobs, antags to be smelly hobo's and more.

For example gas masks will block all odeurs cept your own.
Nothing what you wear can hide your own stank!
Make it a difficult to make deodorant that raises your hygiene need but ticks up an invisible counter to stinking even worse, like throwing up and getting stunned until you have a shower.
Actually, thinking about it, I think the most goon thing to do would be to make being on fire boost hygiene.
(08-19-2022, 08:35 AM)Mouse Wrote: Actually, thinking about it, I think the most goon thing to do would be to make being on fire boost hygiene.

iirc at least one of the pyro chems do this smile
(08-19-2022, 02:15 PM)glowbold Wrote:
(08-19-2022, 08:35 AM)Mouse Wrote: Actually, thinking about it, I think the most goon thing to do would be to make being on fire boost hygiene.

iirc at least one of the pyro chems do this smile

Well then problem solved, set the nerds who won't shower on fire until they learn.