Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
the location names for nuke ops tend to be unhelpful
so say you're a relatively new player, you've played maybe a couple months and have your bearings with how stuff works on goon, you have a reasonably good idea of where things are. you roll nuclear operative! cool! you check your notes and the deploy location is "nerd dungeon". you look at it and scratch your head thinking, "what the hell is a nerd dungeon?" you're left scratching your head, go to the station, and wind up confused and stuck as you are eventually overrun by the crew and die, never figuring out what/where a nerd dungeon even is. i think it would be helpful if there were directions to where the deploy location is, or where it is and how to get there.
I could probably hack the AI map code into an object that can be placed on the cairngorn with a big "bomb goes here" icon on it
Spy Thieves also have this problem:

Deliver: "Kitchen Satelite Transfer"
Excuse me?!? (they mean the thing outside in space but still)

While some can be GPS's too (wich sometimes leads you through areas you can't go)
Other times the console will lead you to it....
But most of the time... it does nothing...

Other times the spy console wants you to steal a stapler, but deliver it to the HoS's office for a.... banana bomb.

But I do agree that some maps have annoying names or non sensical ones.
casual reminder that the cairngorm has access to the crew camera systems via handy computers in the meeting room, and all plant locations have the same name as the camera ID's.
Every time this comes up, I will always suggest that a tracker similar to what Sec Officers get be added to a nukies/spies arsenal.

Nuclear Operatives I can't imagine being too difficult since it's just a "Go to the objective area" thing, but spies would need to be able to set their tracking objects somehow.