Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
let security officers swap their guns at secvends
I feels like being able to swap guns at all encourages people to try to be a one man army.

Work with your fellow officers to deal with problems you're less equipped to.
I mean swapping a gun is going to take the time to go all the way back to sec just to do it. Its the same as going back to recharge your gun anyway. Its hard to be a one man army when you have very limited use of the gun that you can only have one of. Its not going to make it easier just because you can change your gun back at sec.
I'm saying that it encourages it, not that someone would actually be able to.

What I meant is that it encourages someone to make poor decisions.
I dont think trying out different types of gear is a poor decision. Sounds like the best decision to figure out what you like and enjoy to use.
I'd disagree with this one.

Main reason is there is a degree of risk in the space game by trying new things out and part of the fun of learning is in sometimes it does not go well.

Same with any gear combo or tactics in a round you may use as antag/other job/sec, if it goes badly once and you die, part of the fun is trying a new way in the next round.
Maybe be able to just switch once, in case you pick the wrong one or a new player picks the wavegun
I don't especially mind the idea.

I just kinda don't think it'll be used that much at all, and may not be worth the effort.

Seems like most people who play any amount of sec sort of settle on their 'favorite' gun, after trying them out, and that's that forevermore.

It's not like ending up with a choice you're not all that keen on for one round is especially crippling. Every gun sec can get is effective a ranged 'I win' button, just in different flavors, while you're seeing which one you like.

But hey, if someone wants to make it their pet project, and makes sure you can't, like, infinitely duplicate free powercells or something, why not, I guess.
Not a fan. If you picked the wrong weapon for your round, bad luck. Its only for 45-60 minutes in the worst case. Try and ask a fellow officer to swap, or just grit your teeth and remember to make the right choice next time. Sec are already incredibly powerful versus just about every antag type there is. Let's not give them even more advantages.
this just encourages solo sec