Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
let security officers swap their guns at secvends
i think it would be nice to be able to do this so sec officers can adapt to situations more easily 

how i envision this to work:

1)remove powercell from gun

2) insert gun into secvend

3) receive new gun of your choice

4) ???

5) profit
Seems too powerful, part of the drawback with specialization is that youre specialized, its a willing downside you take for a round in order for you to reap the rewards. This seems to just remove that.
what rewards lol
The reward of being better at chases for wavegun, being better with crowds and having to care less about aim for smg, the reward of instastunning valids immediately and spacing them for shotgun
to the contrary i feel like all it really takes for a person to be turned off from using a particular gun (much like a job which i've both seen and experienced) is a bad round and feeling like you never want to use or experiment with a particular gun again, something i feel outweighs the potential "reward"
What reward does normal taser give
(08-09-2022, 04:04 PM)BadShot Wrote: What reward does normal taser give

Well rounded gun, with long range capability and great close range ability with the burst
(08-09-2022, 04:03 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: to the contrary i feel like all it really takes for a person to be turned off from using a particular gun (much like a job which i've both seen and experienced) is a bad round and feeling like you never want to use or experiment with a particular gun again, something i feel outweighs the potential "reward"

True. Someone uses a gun one round and doesn't have fun with it so they never use it again.
I do like the idea for experimentation.
maybe make it require a utility credit or something, so the option's open but also sec can't just autoswap to whatever's the best fit for the situation ad infinitum?
i don't think it should cost anything, asking sec if they want ol' reliable vs the 'good in this uncommon situation' gun has already shown us how it turns out. the ability to swap to the most appropriate gun makes a lot of sense if the sidegrades are less applicable in generalist situations
Not a fan of the idea but if you want it, make it require the pinpointer somehow

Antags don't get refunds if they choose poorly, don't see much of a reason for sec to get more flexible than they are.
I just honestly see no point in it. Like, when you choose a gun, you choose it for its benefits and drawbacks in different situations. If such situation where the gun is useful happens, go for it, use it. But if a situation where the gun is not so good happens, it is already too late to swap.
(08-13-2022, 04:24 AM)Chatauscours Wrote: I just honestly see no point in it. Like, when you choose a gun, you choose it for its benefits and drawbacks in different situations. If such situation where the gun is useful happens, go for it, use it. But if a situation where the gun is not so good happens, it is already too late to swap.

Essentially put, take the gun that's best for the job you think it has to do. You have a security team after all.

So if you are COORDINATED.
1 goes shotgun
1 goes wavegun
1 goes SMG
1 goes Tazer
1 is Det.

And if you really need a better team... Have someone go riot launcher with smoke grenades and gas grenades or flash bangs (there are a few)

A well oiled Security team, can defend the whole station from a mob of hostile players. It's why security nerf's were rampantly requested a while ago.
Now you are asking for a buff.
Oh, no, you do not need a "one of each" in your team, and your absolutely shouldn't force someone to take one gun over another just for the sake variety. It might happen that an officer is only familiar/likes X gun and will do badly with any other.
Whilst a good sec team can do wonders, a good sec team does not need to have "one of each" in the arsenal. Consider that an actually robust officer can deal with 90% of the threats with a couple of flashes and some fire extinguisher and that whilst tasers are a great addition to your gear, they are not a win condition or anything like that.
(08-13-2022, 05:32 AM)Chatauscours Wrote: Oh, no, you do not need a "one of each" in your team, and your absolutely shouldn't force someone to take one gun over another just for the sake variety. It might happen that an officer is only familiar/likes X gun and will do badly with any other.
Whilst a good sec team can do wonders, a good sec team does not need to have "one of each" in the arsenal. Consider that an actually robust officer can deal with 90% of the threats with a couple of flashes and some fire extinguisher and that whilst tasers are a great addition to your gear, they are not a win condition or anything like that.

Not saying you should, but just to point out OP's mistake that if you want to swap your guns.. just have everyone pick one. It's that simple.

HELLA NO DO I SAY EVERYONE MUST TAKE A DIFFERENT GUN!
I am just saying "IF"