Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Make Abominations Unpinnable
Everybody wants this, aggressively grabbing an abomination should have it bite off your arm, in true The Thing fashion.
Yeah with all the wiggling limbs and mouths spitting acid at all times it probably shouldnt be able to be grabbed
Then we should disable abominations in the shuttle where most of them rampage and have to be pinned to stop them from eating people at random.
But in a whole station? I am 100% fine with as you can avoid and run out the clock.
I think one of the reasons people would want to remove pinning and grabbing from abomination is because its too easy to yeet aboms from the shuttle in general. Kind of a lackluster ending to just grab and yeet.
(08-09-2022, 12:19 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: I think one of the reasons people would want to remove pinning and grabbing from abomination is because its too easy to yeet aboms from the shuttle in general. Kind of a lackluster ending to just grab and yeet.

Fair but I think going on the rampage on the shuttle is litterly the lowest of low since both victims and sec cannot safely deal with you...
As you said it's a clusterfuck, by removing pinning and yeeting.... it's the only way for sec to isolate you as an abomination.
Remove that and it becomes a shove-a-thon with sec unable to grab and execute your ass for going beserk on the shuttle.

It's the same as hotboxing/gassing the shuttle. You can't do anything about it when it starts unless you have a mask.
A beserking changeling? Even less so.
The way I see it, if the changeling survives long enough on station and accumulates enough DNA to go Abomination on the shuttle (for long enough to do some damage), then they've earned it. Don't want the risk? Catch em before you leave the station.
Counterpoint to no grabbing, its trivial for aboms to resist out of grabs considering they have infinite stam, and also like chaotic shuttles get boring and ways for people to counteract that are good.
(08-09-2022, 12:44 PM)Kotlol Wrote:
(08-09-2022, 12:19 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: I think one of the reasons people would want to remove pinning and grabbing from abomination is because its too easy to yeet aboms from the shuttle in general. Kind of a lackluster ending to just grab and yeet.

Fair but I think going on the rampage on the shuttle is litterly the lowest of low since both victims and sec cannot safely deal with you...
As you said it's a clusterfuck, by removing pinning and yeeting.... it's the only way for sec to isolate you as an abomination.
Remove that and it becomes a shove-a-thon with sec unable to grab and execute your ass for going beserk on the shuttle.

It's the same as hotboxing/gassing the shuttle. You can't do anything about it when it starts unless you have a mask.
A beserking changeling? Even less so.

I think we have differing opinions on the shuttle. I believe its the end of the round and its just a last minute blast of fun for a shuttle rampage to happen.
Others maybe you as well believe the point of the shuttle is to make it to centcom.
I believe making it to centcom isnt the point of the end of the game, its just if you had fun or not.
So I believe the longer the abom gets to fight people on the shuttle the more fun the shuttle is and the more fun the round is in general.
(08-09-2022, 01:11 PM)Ikea Wrote: Counterpoint to no grabbing, its trivial for aboms to resist out of grabs considering they have infinite stam, and also like chaotic shuttles get boring and ways for people to counteract that are good.

Problem is that if an abomination gets pinned, and someone else grabs the abomination, that abomination is still pinned and is now just being carried around as long as the original pinner keeps the pin. Screaming doesn't work because now they're separated. This is more of a bug issue though, but still resisting out of a pin with infinite stamina takes a bunch of tries.
I want to pin and beat an abom with my bare fists
(08-09-2022, 01:46 PM)Jakson Wrote:
(08-09-2022, 01:11 PM)Ikea Wrote: Counterpoint to no grabbing, its trivial for aboms to resist out of grabs considering they have infinite stam, and also like chaotic shuttles get boring and ways for people to counteract that are good.

Problem is that if an abomination gets pinned, and someone else grabs the abomination, that abomination is still pinned and is now just being carried around as long as the original pinner keeps the pin. Screaming doesn't work because now they're separated. This is more of a bug issue though, but still resisting out of a pin with infinite stamina takes a bunch of tries.

They can also resist out of being grabbed and all that jazz, the main issue here is how unintuitive breaking out of grabs and pins is. The resist button is a super out of the way button and nothing really communicates that its how you break out of grabs. Just having trying to move automatically trigger you resisting from grabs and pins would go a very long way here.
(08-09-2022, 03:06 PM)Ikea Wrote:
(08-09-2022, 01:46 PM)Jakson Wrote:

They can also resist out of being grabbed and all that jazz, the main issue here is how unintuitive breaking out of grabs and pins is. The resist button is a super out of the way button and nothing really communicates that its how you break out of grabs. Just having trying to move automatically trigger you resisting from grabs and pins would go a very long way here.

I had a ling round earlier today and failed to break pin 5 times in a row, and by then I was already spaced and thrown off the shuttle, and I remember in the past I've had bad pin breaking luck with abomination fights. Not sure if it's just me, but it doesn't seem that easy to break out of a pin regardless of stamina. This is just arguing about how easy it is to break the pins instead of just removing the soul problem of being able to pin a shambler, which is the most anti-climatic thing that can happen during a high-action abomination fight.
Ive definitely easily breaken out of grabs before as abom, I have a feeling pins may be broken or something considering Ive had similar experiences of pins being like basically impossible to break out in general. To me it shouldnt matter if you could get grabbed and shit as abom because you should (emphasis on should, maybe not can for pins) be able to break out of them. If you get grabbed right next to the shuttle door and someone decides to take you out with them then well shouldnt have been next to the shuttle door then

Okay yeah pin scaling is just absolutely fucked, right now how pins work is basically, before 8 resist attempts, each resist deals 19 stam to the person pinning you and 10 stam to you. There are two ways to break out of a pin, when youve resisted less then 8 times if upon resisting the person whose holding you stam drops below 0 you will break out (keep in mind pinning deals 19 stam and a person regenerates 10 per lifeloop), if you have resisted breaking pins more then 8 times, you now have a 7% chance (drops to ~5% chance when incapacitated) chance of immediately breaking out. These two seperate ways of escaping pins do not stack. Due to the person pinning you likely having good stam, the chance of you escaping this way is basically impossible. This means that it will take you 8 pins just to have a chance at escaping, then it becomes a 7% chance/5% chance of escaping pins per resist past that.
A changeling can casually snap metal handcuffs.
As an abomination they are a tireless mass of biting flesh and spraying acid.

Yeah. Probably should not be pinnable by Joey the One-legged Space Drug Addict Staffie.

Abominations are already essentially harmless when facing groups, just really durable.
Making them immune to pins, or to automatically bite off the arms of anyone that pins them, will not appreciably make them stronger. But will certainly feel less lame.

So, I'm all for this change.
Please save the abominations. They are a marginalized, threatened species.

On the topic of people worried about shuttle abomination attacks; sorta... who cares? They can't kill anyone, really, unless the crowd lets them, or they eat someone who is basically SSD in their chair. All you have to do is pull away the person they're trying to eat. And even if they do, the person loses out on thirty seconds of play time. They're only dangerous when they change in the cockpit, and nobody cares enough to open the door.

Besides, everyone loves ganging up and beating up the abomination. It's good fun. There is not enough room around the average abomination shuttle attack to fit the quantity of people gleefully jumping in to robust with wirecutters or whatever.