Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Syndicate operative thermite charges are broken
Unless I am an idiot, the way to use the thermite charges is to simply take one and click the wall you want to burn away, and it takes 5 second and burns out the wall it was placed on, and a couple adjacent ones.

I was an operative the other night and everyone went in stealthy and left their thermite charges, so I took them intending to make some breaches for easy movement around the secure parts of the station. I used all 5 and didn't burn down a single wall that I applied them to, the fire effects happen, but not on the wall that the charge is placed on.

I wasn't sure what was happening until I tried near the security solar array and the charge was placed in space next to the wall, as it normally is, except it created the thermite fire on the solar panel behind the charge, in the opposite direction of where I wanted it.
Not sure if this helps, but the thermite charges only work on reinforced walls in case you were trying to use em on regular ones
Shoddy Wrote:Not sure if this helps, but the thermite charges only work on reinforced walls in case you were trying to use em on regular ones
I highly doubt this is intended, and they didn't work on either for me.
This has been happening for some time already, although it appears to sometimes melt the walls. I mostly used the charges for setting a downed target on fire, or something, but yeah it'd be nice if they made sure it works right.
Shoddy Wrote:Not sure if this helps, but the thermite charges only work on reinforced walls in case you were trying to use em on regular ones

In addition, they are also supposed to function as a 5x5 wall of fire for all intents and purposes, but on certain sections of the station, they do not light properly, confined only to the walls being burned away.
I set one off next to both r walls and regular walls. None of them melted. There was a wall of fire, however.
Isn't that basically because thermite is broken?
Marquesas Wrote:Isn't that basically because thermite is broken?
thermite itself is not broken. do it now, go get a beaker of thermite and pyrosium, wait a little, and then splash it on a wall.
Sometime thermite works sometimes it doesn't and when it burns halfway through a wall no amount will burn the rest f the way through