Mentor Application: GibusGame
I have some reservations about this namely regarding anti-social actions in-round and hostility towards players you weren't familiar with. I recall one round distinctly where you threatened multiple people with braining them because they happened to walk in on you (a nonantag) and a friend (someone you knew was an antag) talking, and instead of engaging the people who happened by, you chose some colorful, violent imagery to threaten them with instead. in the same round, you took that approach and walked a very...difficult and sensitive divide of being aligned with cybernetic beings and hating humans de facto, regardless of if you had ever interacted with them prior. my biggest concern here isnt really the allegorical, but the literal, which is that that approach shut down and alienated players before they even had the opportunity to do anything. I had issues with the same character along the lines of the violent conversation and not knowing when to de-fuse and de-escalate, and then continued harrassment after communications had already ceased.

I'd be less worried and just tie it to the nature of a character that didnt land correctly; but I've seen you on other characters in similar one-on-one RP situations when people accidentally walk in or are meaningfully looking for you/others for help or interaction, tell those players that you are not familiar with to leave the conversation.

I think there would be competing interests over being approachable and the kind of RP with which you regularly chose to engage. You're allowed to do deep one-on-one, and I dont want to say you HAVE to mentor a certain way, but my experience has been that sometimes I self-sacrifice my wants for a round/interaction to help people actively seeking my guidance; and that's okay, because the field is very open with 20 or 40 or 70 people all playing on the server at the same time, and I'm there to collaborate with those 20 or 40 or 70 people, not just one or two of them.

Messages In This Thread
Mentor Application: GibusGame - by Gibus - 08-07-2022, 03:14 PM
RE: Mentor Application: GibusGame - by nefarious6th - 08-08-2022, 03:10 PM
RE: Mentor Application: GibusGame - by Gibus - 08-08-2022, 04:46 PM
RE: Mentor Application: GibusGame - by mab - 08-09-2022, 01:45 AM
RE: Mentor Application: GibusGame - by Caro - 09-05-2022, 12:19 PM