Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Polymorphic Names
Hello, and, again, welcome.

I have had an issue that has been frustrating me for some time. Polymorphic is an instant use no tell steal of identity with infinite duration, available to anyone for basically free. I legitimately feel that its too good a mutation for what it does vs what it does not. Rather then attempting to re-invent the wheel, I have a simpler suggestion:

Make it copy a person's name with an imperfect clone name attached. You place a hand on Piffany Boudle. Your form shifts and flow's to become her!

Kinda Piffany Boudle says: "Heh, Nothing Personel, kid."
Kinda Piffany Boudle robusts Piffany Boudle.

It would allow it to be used to sow confusion and mislead but would remove the whole 'well that is clearly x' thing that polymorphic is used for since the original person has nothing that they can do to stop it other than never being in the same room with someone they didn't know had it, or (often) self antaggary.

Bare in mind this is a complaint from a primarily rp server player but I also feel that it applies to both. A no cost instant power that allows infinite and permanent perfect disguise feels better for its use then alot actual traitor powers or abilities. Lings have to grapple someone for an extended period and use dna to do that.
Good idea, would code in myself but there's the feature freeze currently.
This idea seems worth considering. I've also had this same annoyance
Another idea to add to this is make it so empowered Polymorph works like the old version did.
maybe make the stability cost higher or lower.
Synchronized should let you shift back into your original form.
But what about Changeling polymorphing and forcing others to become your victims?
...Do they get the same treatment yes or no?
(08-07-2022, 03:52 PM)Kotlol Wrote: But what about Changeling polymorphing and forcing others to become your victims?

I would assume not, since its a massive part of there kit.
(08-07-2022, 03:52 PM)Kotlol Wrote: But what about Changeling polymorphing and forcing others to become your victims?

Lings should be faultless instant and flawless. that's their whole schtick.
Sounds good to me, always annoys me when someone does that, I usually RP being extremely annoyed by it.

10/10
It would be a nice change. RP wise it's been pretty annoying someone can copy characters completely and instantly. I only really see it used by non-antags to be annoying.
Seems pretty reasonable to me.

The mention about it being better than an antag's shtick seems like a pretty good point.

I do like the ideas people have for making empowered a better version, and synch'ed, reversable. Synchronized needs more love and use in general.

Heck, make the unempowered version even worse. Give a chance of the copy going wrong with more than just the name. Altering hair colour, or style, or some other aspect. Just so you're a bargain basement copy. Sort of how self-biomass is just a troll gene without chromosomes. Who doesn't love people self-biomassing naked into the armory? Now we can have sewer-green-haired Sorta Piffany Boudle with the crazy-old-person scream too.
increase stability penalty, make the backfire meatcube you